WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Post 1.9 update, 2.00.7166.PVT, sunset rule doesn't fire.

[ Edited ]

After updating my iPhone 6 app to version 1.9 (20015) and it updating my 4 switches to WeMo_WW_2.00.7166.PVT, my only rule - turn on 3 of the switches 15 minutes before Sunset and off at 10:30pm - not longer has any effect.

I tried disabling and re-enabling the rule, and then removing and re-creating the rule, with no effect.

I created a test rule to come on at a specific time and off at another time; the switch turned on and off as proscribed by the rule.

TL,DR; Dynamic times (sunset) apear broken after update. Again.

Re: Post 1.9 update, 2.00.7166.PVT, sunset rule doesn't fire.

Hi uurf. Since you already tried creating the rules again, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the WeMo app. Or you may try the following steps:

• Force close the app
  • Clear app data
  • Uninstall then, reinstall it.

After that, create the rules again and see if it will work this time. If not, you may proceed on resetting the switches and configure them all again. By the way, what kind of WeMo switches do you own?

They are lightswitches? app doesn't offer any way to interrogate them for more specific versions.

I have already attempted restarting each switch.

I will try reinstalling the app, although I'm curious what you mean when you say "Clear app data" in the iOS context. I will also put on my family IT hat and get all of the other family members to do the same.

All things remaining equal resetting the switches and reconfiguring each of them would represent a pretty substandard firmware upgrade experience.

I deleted my rules.

I uninstalled Wemo 1.9 on all devices.

re-installed Wemo on my device.

got back to the house so it could see all of my devices.

re-created my rule (3 switches on at sunset, off at 10:30)

Now it works.

This is not what a firmware update should look like.

I am having exactly the same problem.
I have tried a factory reset 3 times.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on all my devices (all IOS8).
Any rules using sunset are no longer working correctly. Rules using specific on and off times work ok.
This is a very poor firmware update.
What do I need to do to get it working again?

[ Edited ]

Hi Itsme. Make sure that your router's Timezone is set correctly. Delete all the rules. Uninstall the WeMo app then reinstall it. Reset the WeMo to factory defaults then set it up again. Once done, set up the rules again.

Tell me how the router's time has anything to do with the time on the Wemo? The router isn't an NTP server, and the switch isn't pulling NTP from the router.

Thanks for the suggestion. Followed your instructions. Problem still remains

Even if the routers time did affect the Wemo it would affect both my Wemos. Only one has a problem, the other is working correctly
WEMO Maker Inventor

You're right, it's a ridiculous suggestion. They've been suggesting the same fix for many months, and it took many more months for them to realize it really was the sunrise/sunset rules that were broken and to fix them.  Apparently no one there on the support team ever tried it.