WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Problem with new WeMo mini switch and AT&T LG G4

Just received two of the new WEMO mini smart plugs and having trouble setting up with LG G4. When I get to the wifi connection step I get a message that I need to turn off a couple of wifi settings. My phone shows neither of those settings, but I turned off anything that looked like it was similar and still can not connect. If the WEMO device connects it knocks off my regular wifi and if my regular wifi connects it knocks off the WEMO device. Phone running Adroid 6.0

Re: Problem with new WeMo mini switch and AT&T LG G4

jerryh wrote:

Just received two of the new WEMO mini smart plugs and having trouble setting up with LG G4. When I get to the wifi connection step I get a message that I need to turn off a couple of wifi settings. My phone shows neither of those settings, but I turned off anything that looked like it was similar and still can not connect. If the WEMO device connects it knocks off my regular wifi and if my regular wifi connects it knocks off the WEMO device. Phone running Adroid 6.0

What are the settings you don't seem to have?

When you say 'knock off', do you mean your phone drops off your regular wifi to connect to the wemo device? That's normal since your phone can only connect to one wifi network at a time. 

When the wemo switch wifi light is flashing green and amber, connect to its wifi network with your phone. Then run the wemo app. Once you enter your regular wifi details into the app, the wifi will disconnect and your phone will connect back to your regular wifi network. Should be all go from there

Re: Problem with new WeMo mini switch and AT&T LG G4

Hello, I know this is an older post but I'm having the same issue.

This link details the WiFi settings I am supposed to disable:

http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=110936

On my phone, an LG V20, I can find a setting that seems very similar to the "Smart network switch", but I absolutely cannot find anything similar to the "scanning always available" setting that I also need to disable.