WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Problems with Notifications after 1.10.2 update

[ Edited ]
Hi all.

After this software update, one by one, all my apple devices have stopped showing notifications implemented in the rules of motion detectors. I can see the events, but do not appear notifications. It happens to someone else?

Regards.

Re: Problems with Notifications after 10.1.2 update

hmmm

I have the wemo light switch and the wemo maker and use ifttt for the notifications.  The notification for the wemo light switch work with only about a 10 second delay, but the wemo maker has about a 15 minute delay and sometime i never get a notificatioon.

So i wonder if the notifications are all done by the app?

Hi fharczuk.
The Notifications i refer are sent by wemo motion device directly. This is an feature for this device from the wemo app. I think the wemo switct and maker haven't this feature. That is precisely what fails me since the upgrade to 1.10.2. With IFTTT the notificacios takes around 80 seconds to a spanish mobile network.

Regards.

GRU

[ Edited ]

My Maker has also stopped sending notifications through the wemo app on my iPhone 6. I see the log events and notifications are still turned on. It just stopped working yesterday on mine but still works on my wife's iphone 6. What gives?

I've tried reinstalling the app, checking notification settings and restarting the phone.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Are the notification settings configured with the WEMO app? Use the WEMO sensor with IFTTT and check if you can receive notifications when triggered. I suggest that same with the WEMO Maker.

GRU

Re: Problems with Notifications after 1.10.2 update

Notification settings with the Wemo app are on. It's not just the maker, it's all notifications through the wemo app. I set up an insight switch to notify me when something turns on and that's not working on my phone either. IFTTT notifications are still coming in from the insight switch. Weird thing is my wife's iPhone is still getting notifications from the wemo app, just not mine.

I hope not, but I think if you restart the iPhone 6 will stop receiving notifications. that's what happened to me with my five IOS devices. One after another. with IFTTT works OK. Technical support sent me this. I have not had time to try. It is for Wemo motion and Netcam, but I think it can also be used for the Maker..

"Please try these steps on your WEMO App:

1. Force close the WEMO App:

For iOS devices:

A. Press the Home button twice.
B. The icon of running applications will show on the bottom of the screen. Press the WEMO App and don't release until it shows a Stop icon.
C. Tap the Stop icon on the top left corner of the WEMO App.

NOTE: For iOS 7.1.2 and higher, there is no longer a "Stop" button shown when the Home button is double tapped. Or you can simply slide upward after double clicking the Home button.

2. Restart your iOS devices.
3. Ensure that your WEMO devices have the latest firmware. For instructions, click on this link:
http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=27353
4. Power cycle the WEMO devices by unplugging it for 20 seconds and plug it back in.
5. Power cycle your modem and router by unplugging them from the power outlet for 30 seconds. Plug the modem first and after 30 seconds plug the router.

Check if you will start to receive notifications again. If the issue persists, unplug your Belkin NetCam from the WEMO Switch and then directly plug it to the power outlet. Observe if you will be able to receive notifications from the camera.

With regard to your WEMO Motion devices, the WEMO App must be in the background, closed, or your iOS device should be off (Screen off). If this did not resolve your issue, please follow the steps below:

1. Unplug the Motion Sensor from the AC outlet, wait for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
2. Wait 30 seconds for it to reconnect."

My IFTTT recipes have a delay with notifications.  Did you experienc any delayed notifications from IFTTT?

GRU

IFTTT notifications still work with my insight switch. My maker doesn't trigger IFTTT anymore.

My Wemo Switch and Motion got delayed IFTTT notifications since several months ago...... about 10-15mins.