WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstalled WEMO App on iPhone and now cant see devices

This app is not very user friendly.  I was trying to add an new mini and when that wouldn't work I followed the suggestion in the "Let's Go" user guide and deleted and then reinstalled the app.  App reinstalled fine but now I cant see any of my installed devices.  Can you add a button to force discovery and then show progress?  The devices are all on line and I can't see to access anything.  This is REALLY FRUSTRATING!  I have spent hours trying to complete something that should be really simple.

Re: Reinstalled WEMO App on iPhone and now cant see devices

Is Wemo cloud down? I am able to connect and see my Wemo plugs on home WiFi but as soon as I go out of WiFi range the remote access doesn’t work and my plugs are showing as not detected

Did you enable remote accessing the app?

No.. How do I do that?  I am running version 1.22.  As soon as the app loads it wants me to "Add a Wemo" but does not appear to have any way to change settings.

Just to clarify, before all this started I had approximately 10 devices defined and operational.  All I wanted to do was add a new Wemo Mini I bought to control the Christmas tree.  Now I can't see anything...

@ Dwest - I have the remote access on this just started happening since Thursday. I have plugs for four months now but this just started to happen.

Hi, JeffreyMoller. Can you tell us the OS version that your phone is currently running on? Also, are you accessing it using Wi-Fi or using cellular data? To enable remote access, go to More > Remote Access, then tap on Enable Remote Access. If it's already enabled, try to disable and re-enable it to check if it'll make any changes.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

@Awsomemunda786

Try to also check that your Remote Access is enabled on the WEMO App. Make sure that your network is registered on the App. You may also try the above-mentioned workaround.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I have a iPhone 6S Plus and am running IOS 12.1  When I am trying to connect to my new device I am using WiFi.  I left ttry CEllular data and it did not work.  REgarding remote access, I am unable to change my settings.  After reinstalling the app, when I launch the app all I see is this:

Image-1.jpg

If I click on "Add a WemoI can see the various sets of instructions for the different devices, but when trying to install the Wemo Mini, I still run into the password issue.