WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Remote Access not working

Hi, mcheryl,

Just to clarify, are you only able to control your WeMo mini's when you're connected to your home Wi-Fi? What is the current version of your handhelds OS? For isolation, try to disable remote access then enable it again. Make sure that the firmware of the devices is up to date.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Hi, yes, I can only connect to my mini plugs to my home Wi-Fi.  My phone has iOS 11.4.  I did try to disable and reenable remote access, but I still can only connec to my minis via my home Wi-Fi.  I did not get any firmware update request on my WEMO app, so I think I am at the latest firmware.  Thanks.

Highlighted

@mcheryl

Can you also try observing it on a different handheld device if they still appear as not detected? You can try restarting your phone first then reopen the App.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Unfortunately, I don't have another handheld device to try it.  I restart my phone every day and my minis are ony detectable when I connect to my Home Wi-Fi.

Understood. Let's have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you for further diagnosis. Email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, phone number, location, community username, and link to this thread.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

Same issue here. This Wemo light switch has been a constant headache of resetting and tech calls. Rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling app made no difference. PLEASE FIX YOUR PRODUCT FOR REMOTE ACCESS. Isn't the whole point of a wi-fi switch to be able to have remote access, and not just "inside the house " control???

@BDWC Please try to disable/re-enable the Remote Access from the Wemo App and follow the tips from this article.

If the same thing happens, email us following the advice of above.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support