WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Remote Access not working

Recap my problem - before changing internet provider with its modem/router , I don’t have any problem. When using new internet provider with new modem/router, we can not remote control all 4 devices which are undetected, and noticed our old router name displayed when using cellular data. At home, when using home WiFi, we can control devices. Both iPhone 6s and 10. Tried more than 10 times from soft or hard resetting devices, uninstalling and reinstalling Wemo App, very frustrating. Pls help.
Btw, all the other devices - arlo, chamberlains door openers which also using 2.4G work fine and seamless after changing router and following their re-connecting instructions.

Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of by our Escalations Engineers for further assistance along with the following details:

• Phone Number
  • Location (City/State)
  • Username
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support
JC1

I to have lost remote access whilst using 3 or 4G mobile data using my iPhone 6s, no problem using any wi-fi access point, including my home network.

I've restored my 3 wemo plugs and the wemo app, but after re-installing them I STILL don't have access to them over mobile data.

Is there anymore workarounds that I coukd try? 

Belkin - Please reslove this issue, without remote access via mobile data, these plugs are rendered useless!!

Hi everyone, My Wemo Link has similar issues. “Remote Access” isn't working on cellular connection, it keeps failing and prompting me this message "The Wemo Link isn't responding". Everything was working fine only on Wifi Connection. I have deleted & reinstalled the app on my Android Phone, deleted & reinstalled 1 Wemo Light Switch and 2 Wemo Light Bulbs several times. Devices are currently only accessible on Wifi Connection. Wemo App Version: 1.20 (160) Device: OnePlus A6003 (OS: Android Oreo 8.1) Network: Cellular 1 Wemo Light Switch v1: Wemo_WW_2.00.11057.PVT-OWRT-LS 1 Wemo Link v1: Wemo_WW_2.00.11057.PVT-OWRT-Link 2 Wemo Light Bulb(s) v1: MZ100 firmware Version: 83 Router Wifi: Linksys WRT54 Remote Enabled, wemo switch works correct but light bulbs shows disabled and the App show this error: The Wemo Link isn't responding,

@JC1,

May we know the version of your Wemo app and OS? You can try to use a different mobile device to see if it can control the Wemo devices using mobile data.

@maxjimenez,

It looks like the version of your Wemo app is still the 1.20. Please update your Wemo app to version 1.21 and check if you'll be able to control the device over mobile data. If not, please try to power cycle your mobile phone and try to use a different mobile device for further isolation.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support
JC1

Hi Jan_B

My Wemo app is 1.21 and i'm running iOS 12.1 on a iPhone 6S. All software is up to date. I've now lost count on the times I've done a factory reset! and mobile data is still not working. Whatever I do I get the message: Check your internet connection and try again in a bit. Your mobile device can't reach the Wemo Cloud.

I've tried to connect with a different phone but still no joy! 

Is there anything left to try?

JC1

Thanks for the details, JC1. It seems like you have reached out to us via email and a representative has already replied to it. Please check your inbox or spam folders.

Fritz-21902
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted

My problem was that I was using a DNS provided by AdGuard to block inappropriate content. Seems like it was blocking access to the Wemo Cloud as well. So, switching back to my ISP's DNS I was able to enable remote access. 

Try out Google's public DNS' and see if they work differently: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns

Same issue as everyone else here.  Won't allow Remote Access to be enabled.  All my firmware is the latrest versions and my IOS app 1.22 (520005). 

Surley there must be a point where Belkin looks at all these individual problems and fixes the big picture  - rather than addressing them as one of of a kind problems.

Owner of several useless Belkin Wemo devices. Smiley Sad

@marr,

Did you encounter any message when you try to enable the Remote Access? For isolation, please try to force close the Wemo app then re-launch it again to see if you can enable Remote Access. Also, you can try to use a different mobile device and see if you can enable it.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support