WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Remote Access not working

@sylvainporee,

May we know the model number of your Wemo switch and its current firmware? What is its LED status? Please try to disable then re-enable remote access on the app to see if you'll be able to control the device remotely. You can also try to use your mobile data and see if you're able to control the device.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Hello, I am experiencing similar issues. I am unable to “Enable Remote Access”, it keeps failing and prompting me to try again later. Everything was working fine until after I had to reset my router (wi-fi config and pass etc all unchanged).

I have deleted & reinstalled the app, deleted & reinstalled one or all 4 Wemo Insight switches MULTIPLE times over the last week to zero success.

Devices are currently only accessible via the Wemo app and do not work via my Google Assistant or Alexa. Google assistant can recognize whether a switch is on or off but cannot execute commands for any of the devices. I get a “I can’t reach Wemo” message when I try.

Firmware: WeMo_WW_2.00.11057.PVT-OWRT-Insight

App: 1.21 (510003)

Hi, amulyono. Since you have reset the router, you have to reset and reconfigure the Wemo devices even if the Wi-Fi settings are the same. However, this time, do not toggle the option "Remember Wi-Fi Settings" in setting up the Wemo devices. After doing so, try to enable Remote Access again. Then, unlink and relink the Wemo devices to Google Assistant. Disable and enable the Wemo Skill in the Alexa app as well. Hope this helps.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

Hello, l have the same problem with my 3 switches and a plug. After I changed my router , I reset all to factory setting, and disable remote access first, then enable. At first, my new router was associated to the devices, and when at home with home’s Wi-Fi, it is always associated. But once leaving house and using LTE, I noticed MY OLD ROUTE was associated to devices. This may be the reason I could remote access? Please solve this ASAP, remote access feature is the main reason we use WEMO.

This fixed my issue, thank you mod! But if I’m going to have to go through this process every time my router/service experience a service outage I will lose my mind!

Hi, Zhengcw. What's the version of your Wemo app? Do you observe the same thing when using another handheld device? Please try the following
▪ make sure that your handheld device is on the new router's Wi-Fi and its cellular data (LTE) is disabled
▪ go to the Wemo app and disable Remote Access
▪ uninstall the Wemo app
▪ power cycle the router
▪ after a few minutes, reconnect the device to the new router's Wi-Fi
▪ install the Wemo app
▪ re-enable the Remote Access
▪ disable the Wi-Fi of the handheld device and switch to LTE, check if Wemo is already linked with the new router

Let us know how it goes.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

Reil_C, after trying what you told, I still have the same problem ( old route name, not detected all the switches, use remote control plug once, then couldn’t again) . Both my wife’s iPhone 10 and my iPhone 6s have the same issues. We have latest iOS, latest Wemo app 1.21 . By the way, we turned 2.4G on only while setting up.
My switches firmware WeMo_WW_2.00.11057.PVT-OWRT-LS, plug firmware WeMo_WW_2.00.11057.PVT-OWRT-InsightV2
Pls help solve this problem

Zhengcw, you mentioned you only turned on the 2.4 GHz of your router during setup. Do you mean to say after the setup, you turned it off? This may be the culprit of the issue. Please know that Wemo devices only works with a 2.4 GHz network. Try to reboot your router and turn your router's 2.4 GHz band. Update us with your progress.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

No. I meant wemo devices connected to 2.4G WiFi.
Then I turned on both 2.4G and 5G.