WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Remote Access not working

We have notified the team about what is happening with your case, mullbr. We have sent a follow-up as well. We apologize for the delay.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I believe Wemo shoulg be ashame of the service level. Sending us to complaint in private that Wemo IS NOT compatible anymore with Googke Home and your team seems to have no idea what ti do. After 3 eays, I have been told in private there are no issues try this and that for at the end, we are aware off the issue. Even sendingus to Googke when yours apss cannost activate it’s own remote control

Shane to Belkin to letter the Wemotean tarnish the reputation 

I have sent at least 6 emails with no response. Please get back to me. This is extremely frustrating.

I’ve had my Wemo Minis now since Christmas 2017. Still can’t remotely access them. I switched from Asus router to Google WiFi as previously noted. This may show my ignorance here but could it be possible through an update to just enable the switches to work on 2.4 or 5ghz?

I have sent 5 emails to support asking for a response. No reply.

I’ve tried everything recommended to get them working with Google Wifi.

Extremely frustrating.

[ Edited ]

Much like everyone else in this thread, my numerous Wemo devices, which used to work fine with Remote Access, no longer respond. I can see them and work with them in the app when I am on the same Wifi, but not consistently. I have worked with technical support and have done everything asked of me. Still nothing works. I have decided to remove all of my Wemo devices and attempt to sell them on eBay. They are worthless to me. Perhaps someone else can get them to work. I am posting this in frustration. The only thing that changed in my environment was a router change.If there is a magic button that will fix this easily, I'd reconsider, but upon reading these posts it seems that the Wemo architecture is dead. 

To anyone having issues with remote access after switching to Google Wifi...

I've tried everything...the only way this works is if you ask the Wemo team to deauthorize your smart phones from the Wemo server.