Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Remote access not working

My issue seems to be resolved now too

Not back for me. Been off for hours.

Mine is resolved partially. The remote access on the Wemo app seems to be working, but my echos are still not able to turn on/off lights. Now I gotta troubleshoot the wemo skill on alexa. I'm getting tired of troubleshooting Wemo's screw ups.

Had issues last night, resolved but the problem seems to have reappeared.  All WeMos have status of 'not detected".  Have been on hold for 30 minutes waiting to get in touch with support to see if they can issues with their cloud service.

Same problem for me to. Stopped working this morning.

Local home wifi connection suceeds to connect to WeMo link however, fails from mobile data network.

Google and IFTTT cloud services also fail to connect.

Man Sad

Need to get this going. Same as most of the people here. It was back online at ~11:00 (PST) last night but again not working starting this morning at around 7:30 (PST). I've heard TP-link's smart plug never had this kind of issue.....

Same problem... can't control them with my echo..
WEMO Maker Inventor

changsy wrote:

I've heard TP-link's smart plug never had this kind of issue.....

You heard wrong Smiley Happy.  But it doesn't seem to happen as often and their app is better written.

[ Edited ]

=======================================================================

Mike wrote:

You heard wrong Smiley Happy.  But it doesn't seem to happen as often and their app is better written.

=======================================================================

ok let me rephrase. I have a tp-link smart plug and 2 wemo mini. tp-link never gives me any issue while wemo sometimes gives the exact same issue we are having right now. This also applies to my other friend who bought the exact same models (both tp link and wemo). Of course the sample size is too small so there wouldn't be any statistically significant implication on which one works better. But given the issues i've encountered (glitchy app, disconnection, hard to set up) so far with wemo, I will not buy any wemo product in the future. 

I called WEMO support and they acknowledged that the remote access server was undergoing maintenance last night. It is still undergoing maintenance. I told them they badly needed a status page that would announce outages and maintenance, and I was told that this recommendation would be "bubbled up" and addressed. However, please everyone know that this was a CONIFRMED OUTAGE (although they wouldn't let me know talk to their engineering team to find out how long it would persist). I certainly agree that support here could be improved.