WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Remote access not working

You made a lot more progress than i did. After nearly an hour on hold and going through the usual flowchart of troubleshooting (which I understand, they’re supposed to) I asked to speak to someone at level 2 support or if they could confirm if there was an outage going on with their cloud service. They told me they couldn’t do that and I’d have to wait 24 to 48 hours for a callback. I was floored. 

Either way, the service seems to be down again. I’m guessing most people haven’t noticed since their mobile devices are on the same WiFi network as their wemos. I’d suspect there would be more of an uproar, especially when you consider how popular these things are. 

Cmon Belkin, give us some status updates or an ETA. Something, please!

Remote not working now, all devices got dim when using mobile network.

It sounds like they are running their cloud server in somebody's basement. Geez after selling millions of Wemo devices you would think they would invest in a decent infrastructure setup and take advantage of virtualization, and setup server failover to minimize the outage time when experiencing issues or performing maintenance.

I connected to home VPN and use WEMO manager to grant the control back, but I don't want to run a standalone server for it.

I just received mine today. Turns out remote access is broken. Also the remote access server is throwing an exception and outputting the debug info into the iOS app. Looks like their server is missing a java package. Here is the server output:

HTTP Status 500 - type Exception report message description

The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request. exception

org.jboss.resteasy.spi.UnhandledException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class

org.apache.commons.lang.builder.ReflectionToStringBuilder org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.unwrapException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:329) org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleApplicationException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:305) org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:198) org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleInvokerException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:174) org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.getResponse(SynchronousDispatcher.java:518) org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:480) org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:119) org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ServletContainerDispatcher.service(ServletContainerDispatcher.java:207) org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:55) org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:50) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)

root cause java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class

org.apache.commons.lang.builder.ReflectionToStringBuilder com.belkin.cs.wemo.oauth.service.api.impl.OauthResourceBean.authorize(OauthResourceBean.java:98) com.belkin.cs.wemo.oauth.service.api.impl.OauthResourceBean.authorize(OauthResourceBean.java:41) sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1012.invoke(Unknown Source) sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) org.jboss.resteasy.core.MethodInjectorImpl.invoke(MethodInjectorImpl.java:140) org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invokeOnTarget(ResourceMethod.java:252) org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:217) org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethod.invoke(ResourceMethod.java:206) org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.getResponse(SynchronousDispatcher.java:503) org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:480) org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:119) org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ServletContainerDispatcher.service(ServletContainerDispatcher.java:207) org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:55) org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:50) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847) note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the JBoss Web/3.0.0-CR1 logs. JBoss Web/3.0.0-CR1

Up and running... for now. Let’s hope they resolve the AWS issue they claimed to have. 

And down again. lol

I'm in England and remote connections seem to be patchy i.e. the service is up and down like a yoyo.

Smiley Sad 

Sitting here looking at the app, they went from "Not Detected" to totally normal and showing status, and then back to "Not Detected" over a few minutes.  Same since 1/4, yesterday.

Under Notices they said that they're updating their AWS Cloud Servers to address the Intel bug, and that's affecting performance.  I'm assuming that's what's still going on.

I hope they fix it soon.  This is annoying.  I go onto my Nest thermostat to make sure my house still has power--that service is rock solid.

Since mid-December the service has been acting kind of funny. A couple of times I received the "whoops, can't connect to wemo service" message, which to my recollection I had never received before. I'm not saying that they're lying to us necessarily but things started deteriorating well before the last 48 hours.

An additional update of some kind would be really appreciated Belkin.