WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote access unknown devices

I just installed a brand new Wemo switch. Everything went smoothly as long as I’m on my home network. As soon as I try to enable remote access it ends up adding a bunch of products that I do not own as well as 36 users that I do not recognize. I have tried disabling and then enabling several times but each time I get 36 unknown devices and to make things worse my actual device is not one of them. There’s no way to get rid of them. What is going on?!?

Re: Remote access unknown devices

Congratulations!  You may now control other people’s homes.  Please wait for a WeMo representative to tell you it is not a security problem but would you please allow them to endorse you to their second level engineers.  In the meantime, hopefully no one can control your home as well.

Pleas locate your non-emergency police number and file a police report.  Note that you have concerns for your safety — if you can control someone else’s home, there’s no reason for you to expect they can’t control yours, too.  Incorrect access could result in an electrical fire.

I'm not a wemo rep or an IT but it sounds like you're home network may not be secure.
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

@Jviloria75 wrote:
I'm not a wemo rep or an IT but it sounds like you're home network may not be secure.

No, it's not the fault of the OP.  It's a known security exposure/bug in their cloud service that belkin lacks the skill to fix and so refuses to acknowledge.