WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remove Switch From Account

Hello, I no longer have access to a Wemo switch, and I hid it in the Wemo app. However, I can't seem to remove it from the Goolge Home app. Everytime I unlink and relink my Wemo account in the Google Home app, it always comes back. I can't find it in the Wemo app to permanently delete it. How do I do this?!

Re: Remove Switch From Account

Hi 1977Burton. Have you tried unlinking your WeMo Account from the Google Home App and re-link it? If you haven't, you may try that.

If the issue persist, try these following steps:

[1] In Google Home, tap the menu (three bar icon, top left)

[2] Tap "Home control"
[3] Tap the menu (three dot icon, top right), then tap "Manage accounts"
[4] Tap "WeMo" then tap "Unlink account"
[5] Scroll down on that same page and tap WeMo to re-add it
[6] Tap "Ready To Verify" and follow the on-screen instructions (turn one of your existing WeMo devices on or off)
[7] In the next screen for "Assign devices to rooms" you can verify if the extra WeMo device(s) are now gone and only the correct devices remain

Keep us on the loop and give feedback.
Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

I did that twice already. After completing step 6, the old switch (from a previous home that I no longer have access to) gets added again, plus the one I do have access to. I only want the one in my possession to show up.

[ Edited ]

@1977Burton,

We'd like to endorse your case to our Escalation Engineers to assist you with the old Wemo switch. Please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the following details and the link to this community thread.

• Full name
  • Username
  • Phone number
  • Old switch MAC Address and model number
  • Wemo app and mobile OS version
Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support