WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Replaced router, best way to reconfigure my WeMo devices?

New router, and now wifi on android device does not see the wemo device.(switch). Tried reset I think. Reset buttons are not visible on my switch. Tried shutting off fuse. Stiull doesnt show in wifi devices . Program of course wont let me go beyond the help screens. Tried calling Belkin help line, but says too busy and habgs me up.

Helllllp!

Re: Replaced router, best way to reconfigure my WeMo devices?

Make sure that Android device can get online wirelessly, then uninstall the WEMO App. After that, reset the WEMO device and turn it Off. Next, download the latest App then turn the WEMO device On. Use the latest App to reconfigure the unit.

Thanks, I've tried every combination I can think of including removing power via the fusebox, but the wemo network never shows up inmy wifi list to connect to. The yellow blinking wifi signal ison continuous and when I hold the reset button(hidden under the rocker switch on left?) and if the on off icon is blicnking green, still no wemo item in wifi list. I seem to be stuck here.

Naturally the  phone lines say they are busy, and then drop the call. 

Since there isno visible restart and reset button, I assumethey exist under the rocker on the right and left?

Are you using Wemo light switches?

You may want to check out this thread.

http://community.wemothat.com/t5/Discuss-WEMO/How-to-reset-Wemo-Light-Switch/td-p/634

The light switches seem to be the trickiest to reset.

Thanks, I actually was able to Google those pages. Agian no luck with multiple tries. Im still not clear on the reset and restart buttons, as they are not visible/individual buttons on my switch. Am I correct to assume they are under the rocker on the right and left?

They should be visible below the switch with cover on but you may want to pull the switch cover off on one to get a better idea of where they. They are small independent switches of the main power switch button. I'll post a pic.

Reset is a little cut off on left but see two buttons below the bottom of switch?  Under where it says Belkin

FullSizeRender.jpg

Switch is mounted just high enough and behind bycicle that the buttons were not visible. I cant than you enough for your valuable time and photo. got my switch back working. It does my outside garage lights and i the winter, the switch being out in the garage, would be a pain to turn on and off without wemo.

Kudos big time.