WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Rule fix issue working...new issue with Remote Access

If I enable remote access, the app shows a number of devices that I don’t have, and 14 other users. This doesn’t seem right. Is this normal?

Re: Rule fix issue working...new issue with Remote Access

Hi, Mlmacchia. Disable the Remote Access of the registered smartphones and try to uninstall/reinstall the Wemo App.

If the same thing happens, we'll endorse your case to our 2nd Level Support Team. Just email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your complete name, location-city/state, phone number, community username and a link to this thread for our reference. Please also include the MAC Address of your phone and a screenshot of the devices.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

Hi, Mlmacchia.

Yes, this is completely normal behavior for WeMo. It is a feature that has been built in to the product for at least three years now.

I wish I was kidding.

Please disregard the useless support from the moderator, file a police report, then call the Belkin support number and *DO NOT HANG UP* until you get a “Continuing Engineer” (their tier 3 support) to confirm that their cloud team have manually removed everyone else’s houses from your app.

Then, just hope no one else can see your devices in their app. Especially if you’re using NetCam devices with WeMo. You will have no way of knowing.

PS Vince_02 your moderators are sheitposting again.

Tried the app fix again, it’s still happening. No net cam devices that are operated by Wemo.

Also have a switch that randomly turns on/off even when remote access is off. Wondering if these are related.

Considering returning all my switches and going with a different manufacturer.

Your switch with a ghost operator is definitely related.  Someone else can see your switch in their app and they are controlling it, probably wondering just what the heck it is.  You can turn remote access off for you, but since that switch thinks it’s connected to someone else’s account, that has no effect on their ability to continue to control it.

Can I delete the switch and re-register it, or would replacing it help?

We suggest to rename/change your wireless settings (Wi-Fi name and password). Changing your wireless settings will forget the connected devices to it, including the Wemo device. We have to reset the Wemo Switch and reconfigure to the new settings of the network.

If the issue persists, please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the necessary info so we can have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you further.

Rey - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Well that’s a crap fix.

I’ll be calling and asking for a continuing engineer to get these ghosts off my app.

[ Edited ]

@Reynaldo_P wrote:

We suggest to rename/change your wireless settings (Wi-Fi name and password). Changing your wireless settings will forget the connected devices to it, including the Wemo device. We have to reset the Wemo Switch and reconfigure to the new settings of the network.

If the issue persists, please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the necessary info so we can have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you further.

That’s not a fix for this problem.  That’s not a fix for any problem.

(Mod Note: Edited for guideline compliance.)