WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Rule fix

One of my Wemo switches operate an outside light circuit. I set the rule for on at sunset, off at sunrise. The lights come on at the correct time but turn off at 1am. I tried deleting the rule and remaking it, I tried separate rules for on/off, but no matter what I do the switch still turns off at 1am. Any ideas?

Re: Rule fix

@Mlmacchia

Hi! Has it always been like that or has it worked fine before? What's the current version of your Wemo app? Is it up to date? Try to force close it, uninstall/re-install then launch it again. You may also try to install the app on a different handheld device for further isolation. 

You might also check if the you've set the correct location on your Wemo App. It could be that the app is following a different timezone which caused your Rules to run at incorrect times.

Update this thread with more details so we can get this figured out.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I installed it about three weeks ago and set the rules, but only noticed a few days ago when I was checking my Nest driveway camera for something else and noticed the lights turned off. I can’t confirm if it ever worked correctly.
I’m using the latest version of the Wemo app, it’s set for my location.
I’ll try your suggestions and see if it helps. Thanks

One more thing, I have 3 Wemo switches, one is set to on at sunset, off at 11pm, it works fine. The other is also set for on/off at sunset/sunrise but I haven’t confirmed if that one is also giving me issues.

@Mlmacchia Please do so and circle back to us. Also, make sure that all your Wemo devices run the latest firmware to avoid issues. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Deleting and reinstalling the app seemed to do the trick. Thanks!

Update...it’s still problematic. And it seems to be turning on and off randomly. It seems to be isolated to this one switch, wondering if it’s a hardware issue.

Also I have an issue with Remote Access which shows 14 users (topic of another thread.)

@Mlmacchia Let's get you to our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your complete name, location-city/state, phone number, community username and a link to this thread for our reference. Also, include the link of the thread with the Remote Access issue, so our Team can check on it as well.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support