WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Rules Not Working

[ Edited ]

I have tried reinstalling the app, re-creating the rules, etc. My one rule only works partially. It's set to turn on at 3PM and turn off at 7AM. It used to work before. Now, it's working on most of the specified days, but not all of them.

I am on the latest firmware. I am using an Android.

Re: Rules Not Working

@marker227 wrote:

I have tried reinstalling the app, re-creating the rules, etc. My one rule only works partially. It's set to turn on at 3PM and turn off at 7AM. It used to work before. Now, it's working on most of the specified days, but not all of them.

I am on the latest firmware. I am using an Android.

Hi, marker227. Are the rules showing active on the Wemo app? What's the LED light status of the Wemo device? Can you control it by triggering the app? For further isolation, you can try to use a different handheld device and check if that'll make any difference. Also, make sure that you follow the specific time in your region.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

The rules are showing active within the Wemo app. The LED status is green on the device. I can control the device just fine through the app. The rules are just doing the wrong specified actions. They are activating on the wrong days, times, etc. The timezone region is correct.

@marker227Please try to disable then re-enable the Remote Access to refresh the time settings of the Wemo. You may also need to uninstall and reinstall the Wemo app then recreate the Rules. Update us then with the result.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

I removed the rule completely and today the rule still ACTIVATED and shut off all my things when I wanted it to stay on. This app is so frustrating.

I'm going to re-install the app to see if that helps anything.

Removing and reinstalling the app did nothing. The rules are still activating and they DON'T exist within the app.

In that case, we have escalated your case to our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance. A representative will contact you soon so keep your lines open and check your email as well. Please verify the Wemo app version and OS of your handheld device. 

Rey - 22029
Wemo Technical Support