WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Schedule timing

I have a wemo plug with a schedule to turn on and a schedule to turn off. The times are off, seems like it may be picking up a different time zone but I don't know where from. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Schedule timing

Are the times off by even hours? Check your router and make sure it is set to the correct time zone.

WEMO Maker Inventor

I'm pretty sure the wemos don't get time zone from the router.  The belkin support folks were saying that for a while but I think they're wrong, as shocking as that is to consider...  AFAIK there's no standard for a router to report its time or timezone.

I believe the time comes from your phone, and time zone should come from your phone too, so double check that setting (esp if it's not network provided).  Unless you've set the optional location (used for sunrise/sunset) in the wemo app settings - it's possible it may use that as the timezone.  But who knows?  Belkin support doesn't Smiley Tongue.

Thanks for the input. I've checked both the router and my phone and can't see anything that's off. And I do have have the location set. And both my phone and the Wemo app have the 12hr format set.

Still a mystery.

Was this working fine before, Neruda? Do you have other rules that are experiencing the same issue on the App? Make sure that the firmware of the device and the App is updated.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

This has always been like this. I've tried the toggle on/off rule and two individual rules, both have the same result. I now know it is a 5 hour difference, my time zone. But I have no idea where it's getting the alternate information. I've checked my router and my phone. And my location is set in the WEMO app.

[ Edited ]

@Neruda

Try using a different handheld device and check if the issue still persists. If yes, we'll have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis. Please emai us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:

• Phone Number
  • Link to this Community thread
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Same problem here with my WeMo Mini. I want to reboot a wireless access point/mesh node every day, so I set the Mini to turn on at 00:00 and turn off at 23:59. I manually set the location in the WeMo app to Sacramento, California.

Since the Mini is visible in my Samsung SmartThings hub, I can check when the switch turns on and off in the SmartThings app. The Mini always turns off at 21:59 and turns on at 22:00. I have factory reset the device and re-added the rule, but the problem persists.

Expert

[ Edited ]

@camedia

Did you check if the firmware of the Wemo Mini is updated? How about the Wemo app? Then, try to power cycle the Wemo Mini after you update its firmware.

Update us if this works.

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

Firmware: WeMo_WW_2.00.11010.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2
App: 1.19 (130)
The app hasn't notified me of any new firmware update for quite a while. Power cycling didn't help.