WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setup at multiple locations off site

Hi, I have a business that these will work good for the WEMO Switch, I am selling digital media players, some times they fail so need to be unplugged and replugged in, so with the switch I just telkl it to turn off and on again, even have a schedualing system for 2 in the morining to restart, but anyways here is my questions?

1) Can we setup this at multiple locations?

2) Is it possible to get a technition to setup the player on their phone and shows up on my account?

Thats all the questions I have for now.

Re: Setup at multiple locations off site

Hi SpikerzZ, If you want to set up another Wemo device in another location through Remote Access, you need to set it up with a different mobile device aside from the one you used to set up the Wemo devices in your local network.  For example, if you used an iPhone® to set up the Wemo devices in your home, you would need to use another mobile device to set up the Wemo devices in another location.  This could be another iPhone, a tablet, or another smartphone. Please be guided.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

So can I set it up with another smartphone and still controll it from mine here at the office?

Apologies for the confusion, SpikerzZ. Controlling your Wemo Devices in multiple locations is not yet possible with the Wemo App. However, what I can recommend is to use the Wemo Bridge instead since the Apple HomeKit App has the capability of controlling Smart Home Devices through multiple locations. 

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

other Wemo device in another location through Remote Access, you need to set it up with a different mobile device aside from the one you used to set up the Wemo devices in your local network.  For example, if you used an iPhone® to set up the Wemo devices in your home, you would need to use another mobile device to set up the Wemo devices in another location.  This could be another iPhone, a tablet, or another smartpho

The best way to do this is with Smarthings App; that has been the only way I have found and it works with other devices as well.