WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Smart Plug Insight won't work on cell network

I have 2 Smart Plug Insight's. I restored them yesterday and put them on a 2.4Ghz network with WPA2. In the WeMo app, they both are showing a green indicator for being online. As soon as I press the power button, the device goes to gray and says "Disconnected". After that, the app refreshes and then the device reappears and again shows the green active light.

I haven't been able to try controlling them on WiFi, since I didn't have time. However, when I initially set these 2 up (in a different outlet) I did confirm they were both recieving my commands in the app via WiFi. Once I confirmed the setup was completed, I unplugged them and moved them to the next room over and plugged them to their designated outlets. Both devices are showing the solid green light on the actual devices too.

I've already tried reinstalling the WeMo app and I'm running out of ieas.

What should I attempt next?

Highlighted

Re: Smart Plug Insight won't work on cell network

@marker227 wrote:

I have 2 Smart Plug Insight's. I restored them yesterday and put them on a 2.4Ghz network with WPA2. In the WeMo app, they both are showing a green indicator for being online. As soon as I press the power button, the device goes to gray and says "Disconnected". After that, the app refreshes and then the device reappears and again shows the green active light.

I haven't been able to try controlling them on WiFi, since I didn't have time. However, when I initially set these 2 up (in a different outlet) I did confirm they were both recieving my commands in the app via WiFi. Once I confirmed the setup was completed, I unplugged them and moved them to the next room over and plugged them to their designated outlets. Both devices are showing the solid green light on the actual devices too.

I've already tried reinstalling the WeMo app and I'm running out of ieas.

What should I attempt next?

Hi, marker227. Is the LED light status of the switch stable/solid? If so, then it should work properly. Make sure that the app is running on its latest firmware version. Also, try to use another handheld device and see if that'll make any difference. Hope this helps.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Hey,

I just got home. I turned on my wifi on my Android and was instantly able to turn on/off the Wemo devices. If I turn off wifi, I am not able to do it anymore.

The LED light status of the switch is a solid green. The app is running the lastest firmware as I just reinstalled it from the Google Play store.

Are there any other things I should try? I don't have another handheld device I could try it on.

marker227 Please connect the handheld device to your home network and disable/re-enable the Remote Access from the Wemo App. Check out this article. Let us know how it goes.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Very interesting. When I re-enabled remote access a new firmware update popped up. I'm installing that now!

[EDIT] Everything works flawlessly now! Thank you so much. This was VERY frustrating.