WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Switch setup

I am adding a Wemo switch F7C027, the older style one.

I have several already, seven others, this will be the 8th.

I plug it in, hook my ipad to it's wemo wifi, then I am stuck. The ipad app just says you are not connected to the internet so you can't do anything.. It never asks for the wifi or password like all the instructions say it should..

Stuck..

Thoughts?

Thanks

Steve

Re: Switch setup

Anyone, WEMO support? Please...

Expert

@pismo10

You need to forget the Wemo network on your handheld then reconnect. If it won't work, you need to reset the Wemo to factory defaults and configure it again.

Below are helpful steps: 

*How to reset the WEMO to factory defaults

*Setting up the WEMO device. 

Chiqui-17359

WEMO Technical Support  

[ Edited ]

Still no luck. I connect the ipads wifi to the new wemo device and then open the wemo app and of course it just sits there saying "You are not hooked to the internet" (of course not, I am hooked to the new wemo switch...) and then nothing else happens..All these steps that are supposed to happen automatically do not happen. WHAT DO I DO??

Highlighted

I had a similar problem connecting a switch to IFTTT using the app on an iPad. The app is not made for the iPad so sometimes things do not work. Once I switched to my iPhone app, it worked.  Hope this helps. 

Expert

@pismo10,

To isolate things further, try using another handheld device to setup your new Wemo Switch and check if it yields the same behavior. Also, try force closing the Wemo app (make sure that it is not running in the background) and relaunch it afterwards. Proceed in setting things up and check if you can then proceed in connecting your Wemo device to your home network.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

This is a major problem as it has happened to me as well. I deleted the app reset everything to factory standards and still had the same issues. It wasn't until I used my son's iPhone that I was able to connect.
Expert

Kerbee_2

Hi there. Were you able to isolate the setback by checking on the links given above? What handheld device were you using to setup your Wemo Switch prior using your son's iPhone? Make sure that the App on that device is up-to-date as well. If the device runs on iOS, it should 9.0 or later for the app to be compatible. If the device is Android, make sure it's running 4.4 and up.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

Using a second ipad for some reason was the answer.. I used the other ipad to setup and then the new switches appeared on the original one.

Who knows...