WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Two Wemo light switches next to each other

I have two Wemo switches installed next to each other - they're both in the same gang box.  Both work fine as I can see the lights turning on and off.  However I can't get them to connect to my Wifi network?  I have a Wemo outlet about 15 feet from the Wemo light switches - it works fine as its connected to the Wifi (and further away too!).  Is it a problem to have the two Wemos in one gang box and perhaps affecting Wifi quality and reception?

Re: Two Wemo light switches next to each other

That should not be a problem.
Highlighted

Yes, it should not be a problem. Just make sure that you're not using faceplates that are not made of metal to avoid interference. 

Try a factory reset.  If it is only blinking amber that means it has settings and cannot connect to the network.  

Press the Restart button

- Hold down the reset button for five (5) seconds, then release.

- Give it 60 seconds or so

- Come back and see if it is blinking Amber/Green, indicating a successful reset. 

Thanks for all your feedback - I was able to get into the setup via the Wemo app for the light switches - they're blinking green and amber.  And it can see our home network and states it has a strong signal - but just cannot connect.  Been trying the password several times which I KNOW is correct (otherwise my laptop which I'm using to post this reply wouldn't be working) - still no success.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

You may need to do some further isolation, lighthousemoon. Try installing just one light switch and see if it will work. You can also adjust the wireless channels of your router to avoid any possible wireless interference. 

nice