WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Two or more devices?

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the WeMo family having just bought an Insight to wet my toes as it were, even though I have been looking at it for a long time!

My question is - can I run the app on my iPhone and iPad at the same time? I have a Pro 12 inch that I set it up on, and while that's great, it's not with me all the time (not to mention it's a horrible interface being that it's a blown up iPhone app), where as my phone is, so I would love to have it there as well, but right now all it does is take me to the setup page when I try... 

Am I missing something or can you only run one device at a time? I hope not as that's pretty silly in this day and age...

Re: Two or more devices?

No problem - as many as you want. Make sure that you are connected to your home network where your WeMo is installed when you add the App to your 2nd (and 3rd ...) device.

As for the crap iPad interface, Belkin says there is no demand for an ipad specific App!!!!

Expert

Hi, Thegurio. You can run the app on both iPhone and iPad at the same time. However, it is recommended to control the WEMO Insight Switch one-at-a-time to avoid confusion on the device. The latest WEMO app requires iOS 8.0 and up.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Poor little WeMo App might get confused if you use two devices to control one device! WTF - complete rubbish.

Hi PhilHWe'd like to clarify that the App will not get confused if we have multiple devices controlling one WEMO. You only have to make the command on one device at a time to ensure flawless execution.

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Princes_C,

How do I go about it? When I start the iPhone app up all I get is the setup screen with no options to log in or anything like that...

Expert

[ Edited ]

That's odd, Thegurio. The WEMO App on your iPhone should be able to detect your WEMO devices as your iPad. Anyhow, please make sure that your iPhone is connected to the same network as your WEMO devices. Force close the WEMO App and re-launch it. Update us on how it goes.

Regards,
Ness - 10931
WEMO Technical Support

No go I'm afraid...

When I open it up I get this... image.png

Then I press get started  and get this...image.png

Which takes me to this.... image.png

So I'm not really sure on where to go next... I've deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail either...

My next thought is to test the switch, but then I lose my data and I don't really want to do that note see why I should when it should just recognise it...

Make sure you are on 2.4Ghz Wifi... if you are setting up an app at home to see devices you need to first expose them there.. you can then switchover to 5Ghz but that will go out to the cloud
Thegurio wrote:

No go I'm afraid...

When I open it up I get this... image.png

Then I press get started  and get this...image.png

Which takes me to this.... image.png

So I'm not really sure on where to go next... I've deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail either...

My next thought is to test the switch, but then I lose my data and I don't really want to do that note see why I should when it should just recognise it...

The network should be under the 2.4 GHz frequency. As mentioned, make sure the handheld device is connected to the Wi-Fi that's associated with your WEMO. From that, check if Remote Access is enabled, and refer to this link for more information. If issue persists, try changing wireless channels on your router settings. You may also double check the connection by disabling the Wi-Fi on your phone, use 3G/4G connection, and access the App.

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support