WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to enable Remote Access

I just purchased a brand new WeMo mini and am not able to enable remote access.  I receive the same error mentioned multiple times here 'sorry, try later'.  I have followed the suggestions on this board, to no avail.  I have factory reset the mini twice and reinstalled, and have NEVER been able to set up remote access.  It actually took me several resets just to get the app to find and setup the mini.  It now seems to be working fine, with the exception of the remote access.

Following one of the other posts I saw, I also tried to access this via Google Assistant but that requires Remote Access to be enabled before it can connect to the WeMo device.

HELP, please.  This device is fairly useless to me without remote access enabled.  

I am on iPhone X, ios 12.1

AT&T UVerse w/Google WiFi router

Wemo app version 1.22

Wemo Hardware v2 w/latest update

Firmware Version WeMo_WW_2.00.1143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

Re: Unable to enable Remote Access

I just posted a new topic about issues with alexa not communicating with the switches and outlet I have. My guess a certain service is down on Wemo's side and causing our products to not function properly. This service is most likely their cloud service that allows our switches/outlets to communicate remotely or with other products like the Alexa

I just posted a new topic about issues with alexa not communicating with the switches and outlet I have. My guess a certain service is down on Wemo's side and causing our products to not function properly. This service is most likely their cloud service that allows our switches/outlets to communicate remotely or with other products like the Alexa

Our Arlo security cameras are connected and functioning. The Wemo app shows the five devices, however they aren't active. We'll see when we're home in 30 min. Frustrating...

I’m having the Same problem since afternoon. I have 6 wemo devices and I’m not able to control them from my google home.

It is very frustrating when the WeMo and Google Home do not work together.  Makes me question my investment. 

I too am "unable to enable remote access" which is keeping my Google Home and multiple WeMo plugs and light switchs from working with Google Home.  Some of the those switches are behind couches which makes it inconvenient to have to open the WeMo app turn lights on/off.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WeMo app, which did nothing to resolve the issue.  I agree with the original complaint, these devices are useless if they don't work correctly with Google Home devices.  I am on an iPhone 6 and my phone and devices are all on the same wifi network.  I've checked all devices and the firmware is all current.

Try using a different DNS – either 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1.

It worked for me. 

Since yesterday I am unable to get remote access to my Wemo plugs. I tried calling their customer service multiple times and keeps stating they are busy and held for over two hours with no luck. I have a feeling their Wemo cloud is down and they are not saying anything!

I'm able to enable remote access, but Google Home won't turn on and off.
Reset wifi, power cycled Google home, deleted and readded wemo to Google home, deleted devices on wemo app and readded, deleted wemo & reinstalled. To no avail

All of sudden, my three switches stopped working with Google Home.

Below are series of events that occured since then:

1) All my switches were detected on Wemo app

2) Factory resetted all three switches. -> can't control via Google Home 

3) Removed Wemo and tried to re-add the switches -> Google Home cannot detect physician "on/off" toggling (during 2 mins or more of time that they give you).

4) Tried to disable and enable remote access on Wemo -> Remote access could not be enabled.

5) Uninstalled and reinstalled Wemo app -> only 2/3 switches detected, so factory-restted the third one again

6) All of sudden Wemo app asked to be updated -> updated all switches

7) Remote access was enabled!!! 

8) Google Home Add Deices still doesn't recognize the switches. Even though I physically turned on/off all my three switches over and over and over again, 2+2+2+2 minutes, Google Home never detected my switches.

Please fix this.