WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Unable to enable Remote Access

Yes. Still no luck.

@mullbr,

Please try to uninstall and reinstall the Wemo app, then try to enable remote access. Also, please try to use a different handheld device for further isolation.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

The WeMo cloud is clearly the source of many of my problems, but, even when home, the app is unreliable. I’m convinced that Belkin needs to to a major rewrite of the firmware and software if they want to solve these legions of problems and unhappy customers. I’m telling my friends that they are not ready to be widely adopted. I also suspect they frequently conflict with other IoT devices I have, which work fine, like my RainBird sprinkler, thermostat, Sonos speakers,etc. Belkin needs to face the fact they have serious issues and fix them, or get out of the market, in my opinion.

[ Edited ]

Must be a Christmas Miracle, out of no-where  all my Wemo devices magically showed up on the Iphone app and after months of fustration I am now able to control them again !!!

The big question is how long will they continue to function

I'm having the exact same issue. I have 4 WeMo Mini Plugs, when first configured they worked ok. After a power outage at home, I can manage them locally but they won't connect to remotely to any device. I tried reseting them. To factory settings, reconfiguring the wifi, etc but I will never get the 4 of them to be managed remotely. Additionally the last time I disabled remote access, when I tried to. Enable it again I keep receiving the error: "Sorry your remote access couldn't be enabled. Check your internet connection and ensure a wemo device is paired, then go to More tab to try again." Everything at home is working perfectly, including 3 to link kasa plugs that have never failed compared to this awful wemo products!

Hi, Lotus245

To verify, have you tried the steps provided above? If not, you may give it a try and let us know about how it goes. Also, please try to reboot the device. By the way, can you tell us the LED status of the WeMo Mini so we can check on it?

Fritz-21902
Wemo Technical Support

I can confirm this is happening here as well. I've reset and renamed the devices. The Wemo app localy works but remote access is sketchy at best. I'm typically seeing incorrect states on the app. Attempts to associate with google assistant after remvoing fail. In checking network traffic Wireshark shows numerous times that messages sent from the devices are not getting ACK consistantly or are beyond 300ms. 

Hello I tried all of the provided steps, and nothing seems to work. I ended reseting everything to factory settings, configuring everything again. That way I was able to get them working for 10 days, afterwards I lost again external access to the WeMo Plugs. The LED state is white, actually when I'm at home I can turn them On and off, so they don't have connectivity issues with my network. The problem seems to be something related to the servers providing the service of Remote access.

I have reinstalled the app dozens of times. I’ve been waiting for a response back from your help desk for a long time now. Please help.

@Lotus245 wrote:
Hello I tried all of the provided steps, and nothing seems to work. I ended reseting everything to factory settings, configuring everything again. That way I was able to get them working for 10 days, afterwards I lost again external access to the WeMo Plugs. The LED state is white, actually when I'm at home I can turn them On and off, so they don't have connectivity issues with my network. The problem seems to be something related to the servers providing the service of Remote access.

Noted on that, Lotus245. Please make sure that the app version is updated. As well as the Wemo devices you have. When you're away from home, and wish to access your Wemo devices remotely, you may try a different handheld device as a work around when the current device is unable to enable remote access feature, and check if that'll make any difference. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support