WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Unable to save rules

We'll check on this, Smokin-pig. Was this working fine before? Make sure that you're using the latest WEMO App and the firmware of the WEMO devices are updated. Try deleting the rules first, uninstall and re-install the App and try to recreate them again. Let us know if it works.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Huge thanks everybody who figured that deleting existing rules and disabling wifi would allow to create new rules.

I just tried myself and I finally created sunrise/sunset rules to control my front porch and garage lights Smiley Happy

Doesn't work as of 2/24/2018. Reset everything, disconnected from Wifi, no existing rules to delete, no long press rules to delete, same error message, 'Unable to Save Rules Now'

I was having the same exact problem and found I had removed a device with the same "rule". Once I deleted the device, I'm able to save and edit rules again and it seems really fast now as well. 'Hope it helps you.

Highlighted

I was having the same exact problem and found I had removed a device with the same "rule". Once I deleted the device, I'm able to save and edit rules again and it seems really fast now as well. 'Hope it helps you.

We can send robots to Mars but can't make these light switches work? Seriously? I've got like 15 of these and the most reliable feature is touching the switch to turn it on. Real nice, doing good guys!

Hi, Coorsbrewman.
Make sure to update the firmware version of each devices. What are the workarounds you've done so far?

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

I am at wits end.. have uninstalled, reinstalled, multiple phones, firmware updates, tech support, now blaming my router which I have made fully open to the internet, nothing. I can remote control use Alexa and nest just cannot turn off the bathroom fan after 45minutes when the kids leave it on.. that was the whole reason I bought wemo switches in the first place

[ Edited ]

Bcwilly Please make sure that you're using the latest Wemo App version. What's the OS version of the devices that you've tried to use with? What error message do you get? Do the wireless networks have different SSID? 

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

I am having the same issue.  I can control the switch via the app but cannot modify the rules when on my home network and the rule will not run.  I have had the switch for 3 years now with no issues.  I changed ISP and it was working for about 3 weeks then hasn't now for the past 2 weeks.   I recently updated the firmware.  Tried to reset the switch and reconnect everything.  That didn't work.

When I open the app from an outside network (work) I can modify the rule and see the device and control it on and off.  Can't tell if it's running though.  What could be the issue?