WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Unable to save rules

By the way, support, stop blaming us users (reinstall/reconnect/reset).  It's a buggy app, if it works for Iphone it means you need to fix the bug on the android.

I have been a WEMO user for more than a year. The only issue I have is saving rules. If I create a rule while connected to the Wi-Fi they will not save. If I turn off the Wi-Fi on my Galaxy S8+ and do the rule again it will save every time.

I find it strange that the only way for me to save rules is when NOT connected to the Wi-Fi.

I have been waiting for a year now for a firmware/app update that will address this however none has resolved this.

@eostrike

Make sure that you're connected to the 2.4 GHz network everytime you access the WEMO App locally. What OS version is your Galaxy S8+ running on? Try to update if you're still using the oldest version.

You may also try the following workarounds for further isolation:
- If you have a different compatible phone, try saving a rule from there when connected to Wi-Fi. Let us know if the same behavior occurs.
- Force close and clear the App's cache.
- Uninstall/re-install the WEMO App, make sure the latest one is loaded which is the v1.22.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I am not sure why I would need to be on the same 2.4GHz network.

My network is as follows:

PFSENSE router > Cisco 3560 Swtich > Cisco WLC 2504 > two Cisco 1702i access points (dual band)

Both SSIDs are the same. I am not doing port isolation on this vlan and can ping all my wemo devices while connected to the 5GHz band so I am not sure why it would not save the rules. I can also turn on and off the appliances through the app while connected to 5GHz.

I will however temporarily disable my 5GHz band on this SSID this evening and see if that resolves saving rules locally however it really makes no sense why they would save if I disable the Wi-Fi on my phone and save the rules while on LTE only.

I will try the same on my daughters iPhone running the latest iOS as well and see if hers behaves the same as mine.

I will update this once I have tested from 2.4GHz band, disabling the 5GHz.

eostrike

It must be connected to your 2.4 GHz network as it will only work with the 2.4 GHz network. By the way, are you saying that your 5 and 2.4 GHz network name are the same? If so, we suggest that you name it differently so you can determine which is which. Update us on how it goes.

Fritz-21902
Wemo Technical Support

I have a slightly different problem.  When I got to "Rules" of the Wemo app, nothing is clickable/tapable.  That means I can't create new rule or enable any existing rule.  I don't see a "plus" sign to add a rule either.  It's as if the entire "rules" section is disabled.  Do I have 

I can turn the switch on/off manually through Wemo App, Google Home app, and through voice commands in Google Assistant.

Wemo version - 1.21 (170)

Socket firmware - WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

Android version 9

@afung80 wrote:

I have a slightly different problem.  When I got to "Rules" of the Wemo app, nothing is clickable/tapable.  That means I can't create new rule or enable any existing rule.  I don't see a "plus" sign to add a rule either.  It's as if the entire "rules" section is disabled.  Do I have 

I can turn the switch on/off manually through Wemo App, Google Home app, and through voice commands in Google Assistant.

Wemo version - 1.21 (170)

Socket firmware - WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

Android version 9

Have you tried to force close or reinstall the Wemo app? How about using a different compatible handheld device with an updated app to isolate the issue?

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted

I had same issue when i tried over wifi network..Try to save the rule while you are on mobile network and not on wifi. It worked for me.