WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Unable to save rules

Same problem...

I've tried hard reset of switch and movement sensor, disintalled the app and installed again....not able to use precious rules and not to modify o create a new one....

The system it is absolutely not useful in this state....

How to solve?

Screenshot_20171223-220240.png

MrE

Was having the same problem being unable to make rules... I just get the spinning when and it never saved my rules. Read someone on a different thread suggest removing/deleting my long press rules, then making my new rules then re-establishing my long press rules. I tried it and it worked. I use an Android phone (Nexus 5x). FYI. Just thought to put this out here. Cheers.

Having the same problem, but as far as I know, I don't even have any long-press rules. ? Unless they were there in the app by default? I know I never created any.  

Hi, everyone. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details so we can have our Support Team assist you further:

Complete Name:
Phone Number:
Link to this thread:
WEMO App version:
iOS or Android version of the smartphone used:

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Any news on this? I too am unable to save any rules😡

I am hving this problem too. I have figured a work around that seems to work. In trying to troubleshoot I deiscovered that I could save rules if I was NOT connected to my local network (I used my cell connection). When connected via an external IP I was able to save rules. 

Hi, Bludvayne. If you're still having the same issue, please follow the instruction provided by Jo-Ann_B above.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

Turning off WiFi on my phone and then entering the rule worked like a charm.

I’m having the same problem. Turned off WiFi, and was able to create and edit rules. I have three light switches and 3 wall switches, to many to change products now, but wasting to much time keeping them working.