WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Unable to set location - Andoid

Have been using WEMO devices for about a year now, but have never been able to set my location.  The Location menu says "Search and select your WeMio's home city."  but no matter what I type, e.g. Denver, New York, Los Angles, etc. I always get a "No results found"  error.  I have given the app location permission if that matters.  Another thread from back in 2015 says a possible solution may be to uninstall and re-install, but I'd hate to lose all my settings. Thoughts?

Re: Unable to set location - Andoid

@JimBuzbee 

Uninstalling the Wemo App will not delete the settings or the rules that you've set on the units. Have you tried using another handheld device with an updated version of the app on setting up the Location? Disable re-enable Remote Access feature, force closing the app, and deleting cache/cookies would do the trick too. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Re: Unable to set location - Android

I ended up installing the Android App on my wife's phone and was able to set the location using that. Once it was set, I could use my phone (Pixel 1) to set up schedules using sunrise and sunset. We both have the same version of the app, 1.21 (170) , but for whatever reason, I am still unable to set the location on mine. I did not uninstall/reinstall the app on my Pixel.

Have you tried the workarounds provided by ? If not, please try to do it for isolation. Also, please give a try on uninstalling and re-installing the Wemo App, and restarting your mobile device. Let us know then if the same occurrence persists.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

As suggested, I just uninstalled and re-insalled the WEMO app. No change. I am still unable to set the location on my phone (Pixel 1). But since I was able to set it using my wife's phone, everything is working fine.