WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to sign in to IFTT from Wemo using Google

[ Edited ]

I have an account that I signed up for at IFTT using my google account. Works great.

I launch the WEMO app and go to settings, click Connect to IFTTT and I am prompted to sign in.

I click the link below the default sign in fields to connect view Google or Facebook and a page with the buttons for Google and Facebook appear.

I click the Google button and nothing. nothing. nothing. No error, nothing.

I have tried it no less than 10 times and I even had my partner try it in case I was doing something wrong.

It does not work. We have tried it from 3 phones and two tablets.Will not even get to the point where I choose which Google account to authorize it. 

Please explain what I am doing wrong or fix your app.

It won't even let me log into IFTTT using my email address that I signed up with.

Re: Unable to sign in to IFTT from Wemo using Google

Hello, britandjase. What's the current version of the Wemo app? Is it up to date? We suggest that you try to uninstall/re-install it so we can get this issue properly isolated. You may also need to reboot your handheld device before launching the app again to refresh the settings.

Feel free to update this thread with the results.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I'm have the same problem. The iOS browser in the Wemo app isn't recognizing when I click on "sign in with Google" instead of typing a username and password.

[ Edited ]

@Fiorello

When you hit on Connect to IFTTT through the Wemo App, did it generate a PIN? If not, make sure that your Wemo App is running on the latest version. Also, try the workarounds provided by 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. My app is generating a PIN. The app version is 1.18 (430002)

Hello, ekalb. Did you encounter an error message when you try to integrate it with IFTTT? WhIch specific Wemo device do you own? Did you also experience this issue after updating the firmware?

We'd appreciate if you share with us more details about what happened so we can get this sorted out.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem, trying to connect a WeMo Insight Switch to IFTTT using the WeMo iOS app but the 'Continue with Google' button doesn't do anything. I can authenticate fine using my Google account on the IFTTT app and website. WeMo iOS app version 1.18 (430002) and switch firmware version WeMo_WW_2.00.10966.PVT-OWRT-Insight.

Can you help? Thanks

Also having the same issue. Using a Wemo plug.  In Wemo App have PIN (and have reset the pin), click to connect to IFTTT.  Get to signin page, select use google or facebook.  Get two buttons - red for google, blue for facebook.  Select red - nothing happens.

Account works fine on IFTT, WeMo app is functioning otherwise.

No error, no message nothing indicating anything is wrong - other than the fact that I can't actually connect the WeMo to IFTTT - which is one of the reasons I purchased this plug in the first place.

Expert

Hello, chrisf. We sure can help. Try to uninstall the Wemo app, reboot your handheld device and reinstall the app. Once done, re-run the process on linking your Wemo Insight to IFTTT. If that doesn't do the trick, try using an Android device and re-do the process. Nonetheless, if all else fails, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Wemo Experts assist you further.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Dennis. No error message. It just doesn't respond when I click "Continue with Google" to sign into IFTTT. I have not updated the firmware manually in several months (I can't remember if the devices auto update). The current firmware version is WeMo_WW_2.00.11010.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2.