WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Unable to sign in to IFTT from Wemo using Google

@ekalb & @drlansing:

Thank you for the details. Allow us to endorse your case to our 2nd level Support Team so our Escalation Engineers can work with you and conduct a further diagnosis with this issue that you're experiencing. Please e-mail us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can open a ticket for you in our system:

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (state/country):
  • App Version:
  • Model Number of Wemo Device:
  • Community Username:
  • Link to this Community Post (for reference):

We look forward to hearing from you.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

having same issue here. been playing around with ifttt for the last 2 weeks and the results are not encouraging. Most of the apps i have tried to use so far have communication issues with ifttt. only thing i havent tried is re-installing the wemo app. will try later today but im not very optimistic... Have been patient and re-tried the connect with google button at least 50 times and have had no luck....link doesnt work!

having same issue here. been playing around with ifttt for the last 2 weeks and the results are not encouraging. Most of the apps i have tried to use so far have communication issues with ifttt. only thing i havent tried is re-installing the wemo app. will try later today but im not very optimistic... Have been patient and re-tried the connect with google button at least 50 times and have had no luck....link doesnt work!

Hello, prambie514. Should you encounter the same issue even after uninstalling/re-installing the Wemo app, feel free to e-mail us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have you assisted further by our Escalation Engineers:

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (state/country):
  • App Version:
  • Model Number of Wemo Device:
  • Community Username:
  • Link to this Community Post (for reference):

We'll be waiting for your feedback.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I found a solution. Google is blocking auth via appwebview. I got around it by changing the password on my ifttt account. Then when authenticating in the wemo app log in using your email and password rather than syncing via google.

Hey folks two months later and i cannot use the continue with google button in the wemo app when trying to connect to ifttt. Any updates on the progress of getting this resolved? I deleted and reinstalled app and retarted phone. 1.18.1(430011)

Please update this thread.

[ Edited ]

@Acerteng

Do you mean to say that, even before you were unable to connect to IFTTT through the Wemo App? How about when you install the Wemo App on another handheld? We'd like to check if the challenge is isolated on a specific device.

Also, what's the model number of your Wemo device/s? Is it working fine via the Wemo App?

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I also have the same problem except I log in using Facebook and on samsung Note 5. After logging in all I see is a blank screen.

I can't login using direct login as the form doesn't allow me to type the password.

I just reloaded the browser and now I am able to login using direct login. It wasn't working with Facebook login.

Not sure if this also made a difference but I logged in successfully while not on wifi