WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: Unable to sign in to IFTT from Wemo using Google

@Superryo

Does it mean that you were able to log in successfully while using mobile data? What's the version number of your Wemo App?

To isolate this properly, may we know the model number of your Wemo Device? 

Nickel - 21388
WEMO Technical Support

Any update? This still doesn’t work with the latest WeMo app in the iPhone.

@Harry

To verify, are you having challenges with signing in to IFTTT? Also, what steps have you tried already? 

For furhter isolation, you can try to use another handheld device and check if the issue will recur. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Same issue.  Just installed WEMO app on iOS yesterday for first time, but it won't authenticate to IFTTT using google. No error message.  So I tried on an android tablet.  It also doesn't work, but it gives a useful error message:

Error: disallowed_useragent

This user-agent is not permitted to make an OAuth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent (also known as a web-view). Per our policy, only browsers are permitted to make authorization requests to Google.  We offer several libraries and samples for native apps to perform authorization requests in the browser.

It has a link to the following info:

https://developers.googleblog.com/2016/08/modernizing-oauth-interactions-in-native-apps.html

"

In the coming months, we will no longer allow OAuth requests to Google in embedded browsers known as “web-views”, such as the WebView UI element on Android and UIWebView/WKWebView on iOS, and equivalents on Windows and OS X.

The rollout schedule for the deprecation of web-views for OAuth requests to Google is as follows. Starting October 20, 2016, we will prevent new OAuth clients from using web-views on platforms with a viable alternative, and will phase in user-facing notices for existing OAuth clients. On April 20, 2017, we will start blocking OAuth requests using web-views for all OAuth clients on platforms where viable alternatives exist.

"

My guess is that the iOS version of the app isn't handling this error at all.

I'm having the same issue and getting the following error:
403. That’s an error.

This user-agent is not permitted to make an OAuth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent (also known as a web-view). Per our policy, only browsers are permitted to make authorization requests to Google. We offer several libraries and samples for native apps to perform authorization requests in the browser.

Please advise how to continue

@Medfly & @Aocampo9,

Let's look into this. Have you tried creating an IFTTT account and try logging on using that account? If that still won't work, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com for further diagnosis along with your phone number, location, community username, and the link to this thread for reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I too am having all the same issues that everyone else has mentioned.  It started last night when some of new Wemo light switches and mini quit working correctly and quit being accessed through Google Home.  First I thought it was a weak WiFi signal so I changed the SSID to a stronger one on all of my devices including Google Home, that’s where it went downhill faster than a bobsledder at the Olympics.  Wemo will not let me connect to IFTTT through my iPad, but it would through my iPhone.  So I thought it was fixed, then a few hours later it happened all over again. Tried the same process again and it worked once and then quit working again through Google Home, Tried it another time and now when I try to connect to IFTTT through Wemo I get a blank white screen on both my iPhone and my iPad.

Prior and during doing all of the above:

1.  I have rebooted Google Home multiple times

2.  Unplugged Google Home multiple times

3.  Reset all of my wemo devices

4. Uninstalled and reinstalled both Wemo & IFTTT apps on both my iPad and iPhone

5. Powered on/off both iPad and iphone multiple times

6.  All of my devices including iPad & iPhone have the latest versions installed

So because others said they were going to program IFTTT to work with Wemo and Google, I thought I’d try.  Not happening because if Wemo wouldn’t comunicate with IFTTT, then you can’t create an Applet . . . It says it doesn’t know which switch I’m talking about.

I have tried so many different things and combinations, that I can’t remember them all now.  But I’ve been working on this for hours.  My Wemo plugs are worthless if I can’t use them with Google Home and a huge waste of money.  I’m beginning to think I really screwed up because my son-in-law told me to get Alexa and a different smart-switch (can’t remember now what that was).  He says he’s had no problems and I remember comparing costs and he paid less for his switches than I did for Wemo.  I was going to buy more switches, because I hadn’t switched everything over yet, but now that’s on hold because if this isn’t fixed I will not be buying any more Wemo switches!

I don’t believe Google is the problem as it is working correctly with my Harmony Hub and Honeywell Thermostat.

Based on the number of individuals who have complained about the same thing, I don’t understand why a fix hasn’t been found.

Looks like this is still an issue. Very frustrating

[ Edited ]

Cannot connect to IFTTT using the "Continue with Google" button. The following error is recieved:

This user-agent is not permitted to make an OAuth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent (also known as a web-view). Per our policy, only browsers are permitted to make authorization requests to Google. We offer several libraries and samples for native apps to perform authorization requests in the browser.

WeMo app version: 1.19.1 (133)

I'm really astounded you're still having this problem. Cat Mad

@matrumz Let us have our Escalation Engineers look into to your case for further assistance. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details (Full Name, Phone Number, Location - City/State), model number of your Wemo device/s, firmware versions, community username and a link to this post for reference. We'll wait for it. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support