WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Unable to sign in to IFTT from Wemo using Google

Still not resolved at I am also having this issue with my new product.  I cant believe the incompetence and repsonse of the belkin team handling this issue.  You tech support should be fired.  Better yet, we will all return these devices and go with another competitor.

I am defenately taking these back.  I've found a better and cheaper alternative with better reviews online at amazon.  

WORKAROUND

It's possible to get around this problem by converting your IFTTT account from Google oAuth to a native IFTTT account based on a personal email. While not ideal, this will allow you to connect your WeMo devices to IFTTT while retaining all existing applets and settings.

1. On a browser, login to IFTTT using Google oAuth
  2. Choose Settings from the accountname dropdown
  3. Change the email address to one not associated with your Google login (or any other oAuth service, to be safe)
  4. Logout of IFTTT
  5. Go back to Sign In and select Forgot your password? and enter the new email address you entered in step 3 and reset your password
  6. Click the Reset Password link in the email you receive at the new email address and choose a password for your IFTTT account
  7. Now, in the WeMo app, you can connect to IFTTT using the "...use your password to ...sign in" in the text below the social sign-in buttons.

I'm sure this will not be everyone's first choice and it is not awesome that we have to do this in the first place. That said, if you really want IFTTT interconnection without waiting for Belkin to come up with a workaround or fix, then at least this is an option.