WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Unable to update Wemo Mini Firmware for homekit support

Hi, Brentw,

Do you have any other WeMo devices, aside from the WeMo mini connected to your network? Did you receive a notification to update your WeMo Mini? If you did, you may try to force close and re-open the app, restart the WeMo Mini and place the device close to the router. Make sure that your iOS version and WeMo app version are up-to-date.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Calm down everyone. You think it is the end of the world or something just because you’re Wemo mini won’t turn on your lights with Siri. I agree something went wrong with the communication on this from Belkin, but your question has been answered whether you like it or not. Just accept the fact that you will have to wait a couple more days to say “Hey Siri, turn on the bedroom lights.” 

Thank you you for your response, Belkin support. We are excited about the new release and will continue to be loyal customers.

Me too!

Hello bsjoiner,

Were you prompted to update your Wemo Mini? What's the OS and version of the handheld device? How about the Wemo app version? What are your other Wemo devices aside from the Wemo mini? Have you tried the workaround provided by ? Try force closing the app and open it again.

Also, please be advised that this is a phased rollout with a small amount of users getting the update every day until the full rollout occurs on July 27th.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Same here

Hello Alangstein,

Please be advised that this is a phased rollout with a small number of users getting the update every day until the full rollout occurs on July 27th. 

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

We shall see, 2 days left. 

- Tryg 

I am happy to report I was able to update. Wemo support I appreciate your response, thank you. It seemed buggy going back to the settings page. Consider in future phased roll oouts to provide a pop up notice to ‘check back later’, or ‘we’ll notify you when it’s available’. It just felt buggy.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The firmware was pushed out to me today. Upgraded with absolutely no issues. Thanks Wemo staff!
WEMO Maker Inventor

Help me understand.  You applied the patch with no problem.  Yet you decided that you needed to visit this community and managed to find this topic where the OP is complaining they can't upgrade for homekit support.  Then you registered for the forum and made this single post thanking the wemo staff.

Clearly you didn't come here to help or you would have posted a tip.  Maybe it was just to brag?  But you didn't do anything, it just worked!  So it can't be that.

Maybe you joined and posted to thank the wemo staff for their outstanding support?  But you didn't need their help at all, it just worked!  Yet you joined to thank them for doing their job?

Clearly you've got some sort of affiliation with wemo support and have posted disingenuously and anonymously for some unknown reason.

So kudos to you for your audacity! And shame on you and wemo for pretending to be an ordinary happy customer.  Thank you wemo!