WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Anonymous

Re: Unable to update Wemo Mini Firmware for homekit support

Hello MikeP. That’s an awful lot of assumption on your part for someone you don’t know at all. I had been following the threads for quite some time, clicking on “update” in the app and getting kicked back to the previous page like everyone else, over several days. I was glad when my devices finally worked and wanted to thank the Wemo people. That’s the sum total of my ill intentions.
WEMO Maker Inventor

Perhaps I was too quick to assume, but that's the way I roll.  In fact Belkin support has done this many times in the past.  Scottwemo123  probably did just the same earlier in this thread (amandan's post calling it out was permanently deleted, and maybe mine will be removed now too).  Since you've deleted your account and effectively covered your tracks I guess we'll never know for sure. 

In any case now you're saying you had issues after all, and there's no way for me to take back my kudo.

When I watched this thread it looked to me like a mismanaged announcement that inconvenienced and upset a lot of people.  Not to mention the poor folks that shelled out for the (malfunctioning) homebridge that may soon be obsolete now that HomeKit is being added directly to the wemo firmware.  I'm still waiting in vain my refunds on the broken wemo link and wemo LEDs that have already been abandoned by belkin. So no sincere "thanks wemo staff" from me on this topic.

I had same issue and was able to resolve it by going into Apple Settings->Wemo>toggle on force firmware check
Then terminate the Wemo app and relaunch

Mike, thanks for notifying me my post was removed. I have alerted Belkin Corporate to this illegal behavior and given them a chance to respond before I report it to the FTC.
Highlighted

Hi - Anyone who sees this thread because they have the same problem... Here's the fix -

Go into your iPhone Settings:

Scroll down to Wemo

Click the "Force FW check next launch" to ON. 

Restart the Wemo App, click on "More..." at the bottom to get to the Settings page, then wait a few seconds. For me it took maybe 30 or so, then a Red Circle with (1) appeared, notifying me of the available Firmware Update. 

Apply the update, then once that's done you'll get a message asking if you want to Connect to HomeKit.

Hope this helps anyone who sees this thread...