WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unknown Devices

I recently moved to a new home and attempted to reinstall my Wemo devices, starting with an Insight plug..

When I open the Wemo app on my smart phone, two devices that are not mine show up, and I cannot control the Insight plug.  There is a Leviton system in the house, and I'm wondering if this might be interfering with the Wemo app in some way.  I've searched the entire home, and there are no installed Wemo devices.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Unknown Devices

Hello there, Jjmilberg

That seems odd. Force close the Wemo app first. If the unknown devices are still there, make sure it's running on the latest firmware version. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it as well. Update the thread with how things go.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.  Not being too technical, I have a couple of questions.  How do I "force close" the Wemo app?  How do I know if it's running the most recent firmware version, and if not, how do I update it?  Will uninstalling and resinstalling the app update the firmware?

Thanks!

How do I "force close" the Wemo app?

Refer here: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8058

How do I know if it's running the most recent firmware version, and if not, how do I update it? 

Identify the unit's firmware by going to the app settings and check the device info. Our regular switches, insight switches & light switches has the current version of 2.00.10966. To resolve firmware errors, you may follow through this link: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8297

Will uninstalling and resinstalling the app update the firmware?

No.

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support