WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unplugging Wemo WiFi Smart Plug causes problems with IFTTT

I configured my Smart Plug with the Android Application and then linked it to an IFTTT applet that is triggered by a webhook

This works fine the first time, I am able to toggle the plug from de Maker WebHook in the IFTTT webpage (POST test), but when I unplug and plug back the device from an outlet and wait for it to work with the phone application (which it does) and try again the IFTTT POST the device doesn't respond, I have to clear the device's WIFI settings and reconfigure it, create a new applet and test again. 

I just want to know if this is how it's supposed to work,

It's worth mentioning that the android application fails to connect to IFTTT, I did it one time and since then it keeps showing that the requested page does not exit.

Re: Unplugging Wemo WiFi Smart Plug causes problems with IFTTT

Hi, JuanPablo. What's the model number of the Wemo device? Is it running on the latest firmware? Unplugging the Wemo device from the power outlet should not cause it to not respond to your applet. Have you tried to unlink and re-link the Wemo to IFTTT? Did you use your IFTTT account in linking Wemo to IFTTT or did you sign in using Google or Facebook? 

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

Hi Reil_C, thanks for your reply.

The device is Wemo Mini WiFi Smart Plug with model number: F7C063.

I have checked the app and it shows that there is no new firmware update. As I mentioned the application didn't allow me to unlink or even connect to IFTTT, I had to clear the data in my phone's settings and reconnect to IFTTT with the same results.

When I signed in to IFTTT for the first time I tried to do it with Google but it didn't work, so I used my email and password.

Do you know if there is another thing that I can try? Do you think that the problem has to do more with webhooks and IFTTT since the device and the application work without problems? Also, the person that was using it before me connected it with an email trigger in IFTTT instead of webhooks and it happened the same thing.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

You're welcome. It won't be fair to be hasty and say that the issue has something to do with webhooks and IFTTT.

Let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this further so that they can recommend more things to try. To proceed, please send an email to WemoCares@belkin.com with the following info
▪ your username and link to this post for reference
▪ firmware version of the F7C063
▪ Wemo app version
▪ model and Android version of your phone
▪ link to your applet (if available)
▪ your name
▪ city/state
▪ contact number

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support