WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Use same rule for multiple wemo devices

Just set up my 2nd Wemo device and created a rule on the 1st one that is "Sunset" to "Midnight".

Now I just want the 2nd Wemo device to follow that same rule - sounds simple enough.

After searching this site & the Wemo site - I couldn't find an answer, so I call ed Belkin.

Their answer was that it is a good idea and will pass on to developement! 

You can have multiple rules for the same device (as long as they don't overlap) but

NOT ONE RULE FOR MULTIPLE DEVICES!! Have to create a rule for each device!

WOW seems like a simple and basic requirement.

At least now I know why I couldn't find the "how to...".

JB Morrow

Re: Use same rule for multiple wemo devices

Incompetent is all I can say - Tech Support that is. Of course you can control multiple devices with one rule. Try a New Timer Rule - the first thing you see is a list of WeMo devices you might want to control.

Thx - Can I add a device to the rule or do I have to delete the rule

after adding a new device then create it so I then get to choose you mention?

JB

Yes, I should have mentioned that - you can edit the rule to add/remove devices, change what it does etc.

Thx again to you & the Community - as it is with many communities there is more knowledge than the company support people.

I hope they read this thread and "learn" something to they don't give false info to others!

JB

Well I guess it's not that intutive - just added a 3rd device and can't seem to get that one rule for all 3.

I tried deleting the rule & adding it back, didn't see a place where it asked which devices I want it applied to.

Guess I missed something.

Still trying.

JB

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Try this:

Open the rule you want to edit

IMG_0278.PNG

Tap on edit to bring up the options for the rule.  The first thing it brings up is a list of Wemo devices on your network that are available to work with this rule.  If it is checked it means it is part of the rule.  Not checked means it can be added.  Tap on Wemo to add it to the rule.

IMG_0279.PNG

When you tap on it you will be given options to set for it.  Choose what you want and a checkmark will be added next to the name of the Wemo.  Tap save on the top of the window to save the rule.

IMG_0280.PNG

It just depends on whether the rule is compatible with the Wemo you are trying to add to it.  This is just a general on/off rule.

Regards,

Robert S.

Wemo Support