WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO Light Switch-Unable to join network

Hi. I am having problems with my Wemo Light Switch. It was working fine and one day it is blinking green. So I reset and restarted the light switch (as you can tell, I've done this before). It starts to blink amber and green and I find the the Wemo's SSID on my iPad. When I click on it, it says 'Unable to Join Network...WEMO.LIGHT.XXX'. I've reset and restart several times (holding the reset button for 5 seconds or 30 seconds) and it's the same results. I restarted my iPad and my router and I've deleted and reinstalled the Wemo app on my iPad. I'm stuck and tech support chat is no help at all by making me go through these steps over and over again. I thought I'd try the community. Thanks in advance.

Re: WEMO Light Switch-Unable to join network

Try installing the WEMO Light Switch using a different iOS/Android device. What's the iOS version of your iPad, by the way?

Have same problem exactly since four days now & tried everything as you yet switches won't work, and I have eleven switches - quite frustrating! Knocked out all switches from power mains & tried re installing one at a time from scratch, still no luck with any! WeMo switch just says "Unable to join network". Please help!

I have the same issue for the last 2 days.  My WeMo light switch stopped working.  I performed a factory reset about 3 dozen times.  My iphone can see the WeMo switch but I cannot join it.  I tried with 4 other iphone/ipad devices.  I deleted the WeMo app, and even shut off my router WiFi temporarily.  Nothing worked.  I cannot link the WeMo switch with any device now.  I left it unplugged overnight one night and left it plugged in another night but the problem persists. 

It is completely useless. It is a nice white box with a blinking blue/amber light.  If I can't connect to it to set it up again, I will have to throw it away.  It lasted less than a year.  Any other fixes I have not tried?

@Jake. You can try to reset the switch and reinstall it. Here's something that can guide you: http://goo.gl/GaRJkO

After that, reinstall everything. 

If you like, it would be great if you can specify the things you have tried.

@bleickardt What happened before you lost the connection? Did you have power outages? What is the color of the switch's LED? How many bars are you getting from the WEMO? How long have you had the switch?

Nothing happened before I lost connection.  My other 2 WeMo's work fine still.  No power outage.  The LEDs are blue and amber.  I get 3 bars (the most) on the WeMo network.  Had the switch for 10 months or so.

[ Edited ]

@bleickardt Try to change the 2.4 GHz wireless channels to 1, 3, 6, or 11. If it still doesn't join the network, unsecure the wireless connection and try again. If you can manage to connect the device, check if it will prompt you for any updates. Run through the update and reset the device. Secure your network again and reconnect the WEMO devices.

Thanks andot0526. I tried all the different channels as you suggested. I also took off the secure encryption temporarily. I still can see the wemo switch on my iPhone's choice of networks, but it keeps giving me the message that it cannot join the wemo switch. No luck.
Highlighted

What firmware versions are your switches on?

As far as I know it had the latest firmware. I cannot check it now since I can no longer connect any device to the switch.