WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO Light Switch-Unable to join network

I too am having the same issue.. I have done all of the above.. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. i even changed removed the security on my router and changed the router to only transmit 2.4ghz and I still have the same problem. 

autobotpeng wrote:

I too am having the same issue.. I have done all of the above.. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. i even changed removed the security on my router and changed the router to only transmit 2.4ghz and I still have the same problem. 

Are you sure it isn't a Wifi signal problem?  How far away is the router?  Have you pulled switch out of the wall hanging by wires and attempted to connect that way as a test?

Two of my WEMO light switches are unable to join the wifi network after installing a third light switch. The third and new one is working fine. I have tried restarting and resetting the switches to no avail. I have also reinstalled the WEMO app, and have cycled the power several times. The ipad will see the switches temporarily but when I click on one to link with, a message appears "unable to join the network..." The switches continue to blink orange.

Macke wrote:
Two of my WEMO light switches are unable to join the wifi network after installing a third light switch. The third and new one is working fine. I have tried restarting and resetting the switches to no avail. I have also reinstalled the WEMO app, and have cycled the power several times. The ipad will see the switches temporarily but when I click on one to link with, a message appears "unable to join the network..." The switches continue to blink orange.

Have you power cycled your router?  Wide DHCP scope on router?

Yes. I power cycled the router. Now,the devices cannot be seem to connect with on an iPad or an iPhone. They cannot be seen.

The new switch is working fine, and the two older ones worked fine until today.

Well now I have the opposite problem. After reentering the password on the router, the older two switches showed up on the wemo app, and the new one is no longer seen, neither on the app or on settings as a wifi selection. Any suggestions?

After resetting the switch for the 10th time, it is finally seen on settings/wifi. But now in the wemo app, after if finding my imternet,and after properly entering the password, I get the following message, "we're sorry, but wemo currently doesn't support passwords that contain any of the these characters: , <space>. But my password only contains letters and numbers with no spaces. I've tried this numerous times.

The password finally worked and the switch is now,showing up as a device. The message I texted in the previous message is a bug in the software that needs to be corrected!

The solution which brought me to the settings recognizing the wemo switch was holding down the reset button for for at least 30 seconds. Pressing it less than that does not reset the device.

Belkin needs much better troubleshooting guides.

Macke wrote:
The password finally worked and the switch is now,showing up as a device. The message I texted in the previous message is a bug in the software that needs to be corrected!

The solution which brought me to the settings recognizing the wemo switch was holding down the reset button for for at least 30 seconds. Pressing it less than that does not reset the device.

Belkin needs much better troubleshooting guides.

What version firmware are all your switches on?