WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO Maker Sensor trigger

Dear all,

I'm having troubles configuring the sensor trigger in the app.

I have my garden sprinkles system working with Wemo Maker for quite a while now, every evening it activates with a schedule set in the app, works all fine! Yesterday, I've installed a rain sensor together with a sensor rule in the app to avoid watering the garden when it's raining. I've noticed the following behavior though:

First Scenario, works as expected:

It's dry outside -> sensor is not triggered (shows in the app as well) -> schedule activates the sprinkles -> suddenly it starts raining -> sensor is triggered -> sensor rule shuts down the sprinklers

Second Scenario, does not work as expected:

It's raining outside -> sensor is already triggered for quite a while (shows in the app as well) -> schedule activates the sprinklers -> schedules runs as if there's not a drop of rain

I'm not able to find a way/option not to start the sprinklers if the sensor is already triggered beforehand. The schedule just ignores the sensor status when initiating, it seems that only in case the sensor changes status during a schedule cycle it acts. Any clues?

Many thanks for your thoughts! Patrick

Re: WEMO Maker Sensor trigger

@pjejanssen

Email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this matter taken care of. Please inlcude the following details:

-full name

-phone #

-link to this thread

-username

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

Thank you for the quick reply, will do!

WEMO Maker Inventor

Hmm...  so there's a secret way to get the maker to test for a sensor condition before changing the relay state?

To my knowledge there is not.  I suspect princess doesn't know that so she's having you call support rather than finding out for you.

I believe you'll need an aftermarket app to do that.  AutomationManager can do it easily.