WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO Mini Problem - Shuts off autmatically!!

[ Edited ]

I have multiple WEMO Mini smart plugs which worked great for about a year, then after a firmware update to "WeMo_WW_2.00.11143PVT-OWRT-SNSV2" they automatically shut off within approximately 50 seconds of powering up. Anyone have this issue? Anyone know the fix?

After spending multiple hours over multiple calls WeMo tech support hasn't been helpful whatsoever.

Can you rollback the firmware?

I had another WeMo Mini smart plug new in the box, linked it to wifi and checked the firmware and out of the box it was an older firmware but it worked perfect until it did an auto firmware update to "WeMo_WW_2.00.11143PVT-OWRT-SNSV2" at which point it would do the same auto shut off.

It can't be overheating either because it would have only been on for less than 1 minute. Also, i've cleared all the rules so this is not part of the auto shut off rule.

Please help!

wemo.jpg

Re: WEMO Mini Problem - Shuts off autmatically!!

I had no problems until recently I have a sunrise sunset rule which my small plugs ignore now half the time one of the plugs is constantly undetectable and yesterday I changed internet providers took half hour to set them back up and they switched names on me. Thinking about taking them back and going back to an old fashioned timer. These aren’t saving me time they’re becoming a headache

@Mudkat62,

May we know the current version of your Wemo app, OS and firmware of your Wemo devices? What is the LED behaviour of one the Wemo plugs?

In the meantime, for your sunset sunrise rule, please try to delete then re-create the rule again and see if they will still ignore the rule. For the switched names, try to refresh the list to see if they'll switch back. If not, try to force close the Wemo app and re-launch it again. Also, you can try to reboot or powercycle the undetected Wemo plug and relocate it closer to the router.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

would appreciate a reply to my original post. Seems to be so many problems with WEMO, we should all just return our products and go with a more reliable product.

Hello bobbytuned. We understand your urgency regarding this. 

Allow us to hand you over to our Product Experts, so they can assist you further with this setback.

Email us the following information at WEMOcares@belkin.com:

- Full Name

- Email Address

- Phone Number

- Location/State

- Community Username and a link to this post.

Additional information:

- Wemo App Version

- Firmware versions of Wemo device in question

- OS version of the handheld device you are using

We look forward on receiving your email.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

I have already emailed and have an active file open with you guys, but you guys have failed numerous times to find a resolution.  I've wasted multiple hours on the phone only to be put on hold multiple times for "3 to 5 minutes".  it is simple, revert the firmware back, the version 11143 does not work. 

I too have had the problem of both my demo mini plugs turning themselves on and off? They were fine before the firmware update and I know what I'm doing so it's on their end.

How about you just fix the firmware instead of making everyone jump through hoops for what clearly the firmware update caused!

We understand where you're coming from, @Yednar1163. Please email us at WEMOcares@belkin.com the details that @Mark_C is asking so we can have our Product Experts investigate further on this. (Full Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Location, Community Username and a link to this post as well as Wemo App version, Devices firmware version, OS version of the handheld device)

Fritz-21902
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted

that's exactly it.  why is Belkin/Wemo always asking for the same thing.  just fix the firmware.