WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO Mini Problem - Shuts off autmatically!!

I was about to create the very same thread. Can I get in on this too? 

I have a Mini that works just fine, for a while. Then it shuts itself off moments after turning on.. repeat until I unplug it and set it up again. 

I've tried changing the channel on my router to a less crowded channel. Anything else I should try? 

Hi, scottisadrummer. Do you have a rule created on the App that is scheduled to automatically turn Off your WEMO Mini? Try to make sure that you have its firmware updated. You may also try to relocate the device closer to the router as it may be having trouble getting a strong signal from the network.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I too have the problem after the last firmware update. I have 3 devices with no rules and they all randomly turn themselves off. This is not a overheating issue. Every one of these units were perfect until this update. Save the canned response of-  Please email....and send..... You've broken your product with this last release. It is not the customers issue to do your R&D or QC before you release upgrades to firmware. It has been months since the firmware has been released and still no bug fix. I ordered a competitors product today to replace all of my Wemo's. I'm returning the last wemo I bought to Amazon as it's still covered for return. I will also be updating my Amazon review.

I have this problem as well. Did not start until I decided to update the firmware to the same one listed in the original post in the thread. Is it possible that this issue remains unsolved since October?

Oh boy.   After months of putting off the firmware update on my 3 Wemo Mini's (fearing something exactly like this), I finally caved yesterday and blam, all three now turn themselves off automatically.

Neat this has been going on since October.

<sigh>

Hello bdowne01. This is a bit odd. Did you experience any power outage before this happened? What's the current firmware your Wemo devices are running on? 

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

I'm now experiencing the exact same thing. All my switches work fine, but the plugs now turn off after about 10 seconds. I believe this follows a recent firmware update.

I deleted all on/off rules and tried re-plugging, but it is clearly a problem with the firmware as ALL my plugs now have the same issue.
jld

Same issue here. 9 outlets. All of them turn on for a few seconds and then immediately turn off. Seriously, these plugs do one thing. How do you screw that up this badly?

So Here is the Problem

Bought 3 Wemo Mini Before Christmas all three had the problem of shutting off after a few seconds  called Belkin and they had me return all three to them as they said there may be a bad batch at Best Buy They shipped 3 new units to me witch came in January, 2 worked for a bit but couldnt get one working still shutting down, called them and had them replace the one that didnt work. just received yesturday and connected this morning now i have all three units shutting down in a few seconds  Wemo has a problem i have older plugs, switches from Wemo and all work fine, Wemo MIni just wont work thinking i may have to also have to throw them away  NOT SPENDING MONEY AND TIME ON MORE RETURNS! 

Highlighted

Hello markmcd. We've taken note of this issue and we've informed our Product Engineers. They are currently working on a fix for this. You're patience is very much appreciated.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support