WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO Mini Problem - Shuts off autmatically!!

Is there any update on this? Without knowing about this issue, I (foolishly?) upgraded the firmware on my devices today because I was prompted to do so by the app.  Now my smart plugs like to turn themselves off almost immediately after I turn them on.  I tried getting rid of my old auto-off rules.  That did nothing.  It's hard for me to imagine that this issue has gone on for so long and remains unresolved.

Hello freeagent. Are you using the latest Wemo app? If not try updating it. Please know that we've taken note of this issue and we've informed our Product Engineers. They are currently working on a fix for this. You're patience is very much appreciated.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Yes, I have the latest version of the app.  It looks like another new firmware was released.  Some of my devices appear to be fixed now.  At least one still experiences the problem...I guess it probably does not have the latest firmware update yet.

Try updating the firmware on that said Wemo device freeagent  See if the setback goes away. Make sure that it gets stable and ample signal from your router to avoid disconnection.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Is there a way to force a firmware update?  I think all but one of my plugs has the new firmware now, but I cannot figure out how to get the last one to update.

[ Edited ]

@freeagent wrote:

Is there a way to force a firmware update?  I think all but one of my plugs has the new firmware now, but I cannot figure out how to get the last one to update.

Please take note that there is no way to force an update. If there's a new firmware version for a certain Wemo device, it will give you a notification via the Wemo app. Just to clarify, are you referring to the same Wemo devices? If so, was the other one already updated? If it's the same, please double check the other one's firmware version if it's also the same with the other one that was recently updated. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

I am talking about the same devices.  I have about seven Wemo Mini plugs in my house.  A few days ago, they all got a firmware update that caused this issue where they would turn off almost immediately after being turned on.  Then, yesterday evening, most of them received another firmware update that appears to have resolved the problem.  One was left behind and didn't get that update.

I just checked the app again for firmware updates, though, and the device that lagged behind the others just picked up another firmware update which I am applying now.  I assume this will fix that device, at which point all my Minis will be working correctly.  Thanks for the help.

@freeagent,

If you encounter the same challenges about not all of your Wemo devices getting an update then you may follow these steps as well so your device will get the update:

• Close the Wemo App completely. Make sure it isn't running in the background.
  • Unplug your upgraded Wemo devices.
  • Open the Wemo App, and it will notify you if a firmware update is available. Tap Yes to proceed. You can also use the gear icon and see the new section Firmware Update Available.

Note: If you miss the pop-up, you may download the firmware by clicking the Download icon above the Devices list section. A pop-up message will appear to confirm the download, select Yes.

Also, if you're using an iOS device, you need to select the More tab to see the Firmware Update Available options.

• If there is no option to update such as the download link or the Firmware Update Available field, uninstall and reinstall the Wemo App while your device is on the same Wi-Fi as your Wemo device.
  • When it is available, proceed with the update process.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

I'm having the exact same issue with the exact same firmware. There is a firmware update available, but it's constantly failing. Any resolution to this problem yet?

@JasonHarvey

This should already be fixed. Were you able to try the workarounds mentioned on this thread? What have you tried? Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing the WEMO App? Try to also do the update using a different handheld device for further isolation.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support