02-16-2017 10:20 AM
Is there a way I can install the WEMO app on my house sitter'e iphone w/o granting wifi access to my router so they can turn on some lights when they enter my house & I'm away?
i.e. how to set up their iphone app to access my WEMOs.
02-16-2017 02:18 PM
1) Give them access to your wifi
2) Install wemo app
3) Run wemo app to discover all the devices on your network
4) Forget your wifi network
They can then control your wemo things from anywhere if you have remote access enabled
once they've finished the job, they will still have access to your wemo things and you can't do anything about that unless you reset all of the wemos
02-16-2017 05:26 PM - edited 02-16-2017 05:27 PM
Just an option
• Automation Manager loaded on a $10-$20 Android phone. Android just sits somewhere in the house attached to your local Wifi. You don't have to use as a phone nor activate or carry contract.
• WemoOnDrive addition setup
• Give access to House Sitter via Google Drive permissions.
• Sitter uses Safari on their iPhone to control your Wemo's.
• If you ever need to revoke access just pull permissions from Google Drive. This method also won't require you to grant Wifi permissions