WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO WiFi Keeps Dropping Out Before Setup Complete?

Now I'm back in I can check the firmware...

I have

Link
- Hardware v1
- Firmware WeMo_WW_2.00.11057.PVT-OWRT-Link

MZ100 (×2)
- Hardware v1
- Firmware 83
WEMO Maker Inventor

Funny about the link listening, I though only alexa and google home did that Smiley Happy.

Was it that you were having trouble connecting from your phone to the link's access point for setup (vs getting the link to connect to your wifi)?  In that case the only thing I could see left would have been to forget the link's access point on the phone then try to rejoin it for setup.

I've tried:

wemo link (eol, out of service, and still unreliable)

hue (good but expensive and needs the dedicated hub)

lifx (seems good, expensive)

v1 TP Links (less expensive but quite unreliable)

yeelight (struggles when the power is turned off, don't use with a light switch) can disable cloud access and its local API which is quite good

samsung/sylvania/whitify (wemo rebranded these) good, inexpensive

For bulbs with a zigbee hub (hue, belkin, lightify) the old GE bulbs are pretty unreliable esp after a power outage (I have too many!).  Hue takes most bulbs but not wemo.  Sylvania takes most bulbs including wemo and gardenspot.  Cree work well with both.

The inexpensive china source bulbs are a security risk - they own the cloud servers that the bulbs and switches connect to so I wouldn't use those.  Often they're not properly certified for household use, so check that too.

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo
Highlighted

Was it that you were having trouble connecting from your phone to the link's access point for setup

Yes, that's exactly it. I'll keep my eye out for the Osram/Sylvania/Samsung!? bridges.

Good to know about the other bulbs too.

Thank you.