WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO WiFi Keeps Dropping Out Before Setup Complete?

SOLVED!

My Netgear router 6250 was set to Auto for the WIFI 2.5Ghz channel. I set it to channel 2 instead and it worked the first time.

I tried in vane at least 30 times before and it kept doing that same thing yours is doing.

Yes that finally worked for me. But I figured it out before I read your post.

I mad too because I wasted alot of time on this and customer support was cluless. It should be their first question!

I have six for these for 2 years. They are  simple crap. 

Constantly going in and out. 

Not sure how they can get away selling these switches.

Must have 100 hours into reseting and fiddling to get them to work.

Expert

Hi mgiamber. Let us have a closer look at this. What WEMO devices do you have? Have you recently updated its firmware? It would really help if you could share with us the details so we can address this challenge accordingly. Email it to WEMOCares@belkin.com.

Regards,
Ness - 10931
WEMO Technical Support

I have read this thread but cannot find the solution to my problem. I am trying to set up my WEMO Belkin NetCam for the first time using the NetCam iOS App. I have followed the set up instructions to the letter but the process fails at the final step. The App gets stuck on "Going to finish page....please wait". I have reinstalled the app twice and I have reset and factory reset the camera but to no avail. Can anyone help please?

NetCam App running on iPhone 6 iOS version 9.1

Expert

Hi Andrew. How far is the NetCam from the router during the setup process? Do not place the NetCam too close to the router. You may also want to try adjusting the router's wireless channel to improve the connection. Use channel 1, 6, or 11. Shoot us at BelkinCares@belkin.com should you need further assistance. Indicate your community username and include a link to this page.

Zeb_10124
WEMO Technical Support

To Customer Service,

Will someone please tell me why am I having the problem if setting up the WeMo on my network, it appears on my list on both Wifi and 3G access and I am able to control it.  After a short while, the WeMo for some reason restarts and when it does, the last two WeMos state "Not Detected".  What could be the problem, I was able to control them a few minutes before, then they dropped out of the list...

Expert

@Rialsaan

Did you make some changes before it quit working? Does it turn off and on when it restarts? I suggest that you follow the steps on this link.

Ann_18678
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

unplugging and holding down reset button while plugging back in and still holding down reset button for 15 sec

actually worked  I see it  in my networks ,thanks, I was headed out to return the item, now I do not have to.

Expert

Thank you for sharing your input, danamarie. This will help other users who are experiencing the same challenge. Should you need further assistance with your WEMO device, feel free to update this community thread anytime. Smiley Happy

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support