WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO WiFi Keeps Dropping Out Before Setup Complete?

Seriously, Mike is exactly right, and that's crazy.

I have to go change my router wifi settings to fixed channel just to install this thing !?

And the setup process still gave errors but they apparently were spurious, the mobile app is now able to connect to the switch.

Wemo, what do you think are the chances that I'm going to buy again and have to go through this each time ?!

I have the smartplug. I get thru the process and then the app times out and says I have lost connection. I can not get the app to connect to the plug. It said I was connected and the plug shows no lights and the app won't connect. Reset plug several times.

Time Capsule router-tried changing channels

Iphone 7

Just a tip to try for everyone iin case it is related to your issues:

I had a terrible time getting a WeMo maker to connect until I recognised that my iPhone was briefly switching to its cellular signal before switching back to wifi and that the configuration failed each time at that very moment. I disabled my iPhone's mobile data and tried to configure the WeMo Maker onto my wifi again and it worked perfectly, at which time I could re-enable the iPhone's mobile data.

I hope that is useful to some.

I feel the frustration like all before me.  Too much wasted time trying to setup 2 devices, a smart plug and a light switch. The first time when they were new wasn't the easiest but I had success and used the devices for several months. Then a router problem solved by changing settings and with a different ssid, password forced me to learn how to reset the wemo deivces to factory, Reset to factory no less than 5 times on each wemo device. and still no success on setup with Samsung android and Iphone from different people. I learned the first time that I had to forget the home WiFi before entering wemo setup. I could always connect to the wemo device network but every time I started to put in the home network password it would drop connection before I could get it entered. What finally worked for me was that I had to learn how to turn off my phone's connections optimizer after I read all the responses in this thread.

This is nonsense. I bought three of these mini smart plugs and have spent hours trying to get them set up. Finally got to the end of this thread and turned off the data on the phone. The app stayed on and allowed me to enter the password for my home WiFi, but it still did not complete the connection. I'm done. These are going back to the store and I'm getting the Samsung SmartThings hub. I don't have time for this. Seriously Belkin, you need to solve these problems or at least provide clearer instructions under your Support. More people are going to be looking to buy these types of products. Zero stars.

My dad was having the same problem. In his wifi network password he had a $. The phone rep at our internet service provider said that sometimes, devices have problems with symbols in passwords. I changed the password, took it out - and it worked liked good.

Thank you.

maxbet

cpa

This plug is complete garbage.  I can not connect it.  I turned off my data, went into airplane mode with just wifi, reset the plug, restarted the app, etc.  NOTHING worked!!  I can connect my nest, alexa, etc in a few easy steps.  This is just JUNK!!

[ Edited ]

@cpa

What's the model number of your Wemo device? Also, what's the make and model of the handheld that you're using to set it up? If it's an android device you could check the link that 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support
cpa

Wemo Mini

Amazon reviews also confim that other people are having the same problem with this new model, and that the older models seemed to work a little better.  I must admit that I am extremely disipointed.  This should not be that dificult. The App is hard to use, setup is far from intuitive - and I work in Fintech!