WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: WEMO WiFi Keeps Dropping Out Before Setup Complete?

@cpa,

Hey there. Seems you've exhausted the necessary troubleshooting steps. We'd like to get you over to our Escalation Engineers for further assistance.

Email us your contact details (Full name / Email / Phone number / Location) at WemoCares@belkin.com for us to create a case and have it endorsed to our Engineers. Please include your community username and a link to this post for reference.

Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support

MY SOLUTION:. I placed an extra digit at the end of my password (specifically a space "_").

WHY?: I noticed the app would have me correct my password, and when it brought back up the box with my previously entered password, it was actually missing the last leter, which I had definitely entered!! So by adding oapp extra digit, the app cropped that digit instead!

STRESS RELEIF RANT: That was a terrible waste of 2 hrs of my life to troubleshoot on Belkin's behalf. I am sure all the fractions of seconds the switch will save me will not add up to those two hours. Ach, the life of early adopters!!

FYI, I tried for over an hour on my iPhone 6S running the 1.18 version of the app. Thought of my old iTouch, downloaded the earlier version of the app (1.10), and the setup for the Wemo Switch worked the first time. Might be a problem with the newer app software!

Garbage. Can anyone recommend a Wemo-like system that doesn’t shtt the bed as often as these do?

I have four of these evening wasters and I’ve had enough. They worked just long enough for me to forget the pain each of them caused me so I kept adding to my WEMO “system”. BTW, WEMO support, please don’t waste more of my time by asking for product numbers I have since the problem isn’t the switches, as evidenced by the fact that the wifi dropping during (re-)setup occurs across all of them. And I don’t care to waste more of my time figuring out how to reconfigure my router to be fixed instead or auto (or whatever it is) since nothing else I have working on my wifi has any problems with that. 

What kind of horrible company doesn’t fix issues that have been known for years? It can’t be a money issue since they can afford to have a lot of customer service reps posting that you should email their escalated service engineers. Something tells me that’s a black hole. No more Belkin products for me. What else is out there that actually works?

Same issue o IPhone 8 Plus brand new WeMo on a new network

Hi, Steven2039. Is this for initial set up? Did you encounter any error message upon connecting to the Wemo's SSID? We suggest that you reset the device first before you set it up again. You may also need to uninstall/re-install the app so we can get this issue properly isolated. 

Update this thread with the outcome.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I have an iPhone 8 Plus and with the latest iOS and latest WeMo app. Having the issue where it goes through the setup process and just when its about to complete I get the message it lost connection to the wemo app...I’ve tried 10 times no lucks. Reset the light, uninstalled reinstalled the app... waste of time. Belkin this is getting old. You should compensate us for a product that isn’t working

[ Edited ]

Hi, The604. If you have not had any contact with one of our Support, please send us an email with the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com for further isolation:

Model number of the WEMO device

Phone Number
Location (State & Country)
Community Username
Link to this community thread

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Struggling to set up both a dimmer light switch and outlet switch.

On the light switch, I'm able to connect and go through the dimming calibration, but then i get stuck on the "Attempting to Connect" screen for a while before getting promoted to try re-entering password.

Same situation on both 1.18 and 1.19

Is this your first time setting up a WEMO device, Rdn11989? Have you tried to uninstall/re-install the WEMO App and try to re-configure the devices again? Also, can you tell us the exact model number of the outlet switch that you have? Make sure that the handheld device that you've used to setup up the devices are on its latest iOS or Android version.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support