WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO iOS App - HUGE ISSUE

Anyone else having the Wemo app continue to rearrange the order of devices listed. Everyone I go into the app, all devices are rearranged

Re: WEMO iOS App - HUGE ISSUE

Hi, TomG. We'd like to clarify, is it every time you open the Wemo app? If yes, try to uninstall/reinstall the App and use a different handheld device to check if the issue still persists. BTW, does it stop you from controlling the Wemo device?

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Hi Gerard. I am not Tom, but I can confirm this is true. My devices rearrange themselves in the app constantly. I have reinstalled the app, and tried another device. The same thing happens.

And yes, this does stop us from controlling the WeMo device. Items paired to the WeMo Link stop working if the app sorts them to the bottom or the list.

It used to be that this “rearrangement” happened only if I used the Wemo app when not connected to my home network. But after recent app updates, it happens MUCH more frequently. My guess is that it has something to do with the Apple HomeKit compatibility. I can still control the devices when they’re shuffled, but it’s large PITA when they don’t stay like you originally ordered them. Let’s get this fixed, Belkin!!!

I have the same issue

Hi, ace8421Norsemanairmandan, and TomG. Our Escalation Engineers would like to investigate this matter with you. For us to proceed, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com with your username, the link to this post, the model numbers of the Wemo devices, the OS version/model of the smart device in which you observed the issue, and your contact details (name, city/state, and phone number).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

What's the point?  Do your escalation engineers not have access to their own version of the iOS app?  If they don't have access, how do they expect to solve the problem? If they do have access, are they claiming they cannot recreate it?  Did they try?  Did you?  If they did an could not recreate the problem, can you let us know their user names, model numbers of the wemos they used, the OS version/model of the smart device in which they DID NOT observe the issue?  I'm sure their contact details would be interesting too.  You can post here, no need to link to it.  We hope to hear from you soon.

Seriously, do you not see how your responses sound to us?  Even the ones that aren't just plain wrong?  FYI then, they sound like you don't know and you don't care.

[ Edited ]

I've been having the same problem. It rearranges my devices ever single time I open the app on my iPhone 6s. My iPad Mini seems fine.

It also asks to allow data access for HomeKit several times. I answered no the first time. Thought maybe that was the trigger that messed things up, I've answered yes and no a few times. No progress on a fix.

Tried uninstalling app, restarting iPhone, and reinstalling app. Same problem.

There is a lag when I open up the app, like it is rediscovering the devices each time.

My rules seem to be launching an hour late as well. Like they have the wrong time zone for my location.

It's getting very frustrating.

Reil_C, just tell Renette over in Tier 3 to add another issue to my ticket, originally opened about 8 months ago because the Link stopped firmware updating Osram devices. You have my information already and I’m not going to copy/paste the model numbers of my 30+ WeMo devices into an email when you can just look them up in your cloud.
Highlighted

Guess nobody has found the fix?