WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO iOS App - HUGE ISSUE

I have setup wemo's in my home I am using Ubiquiti AP's first I was having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi and that seems to be fixed. But then I had issues connecting to Google Home, I was able to figure that out by opening port 49153 on my firewall. now I am having an issue where some of the light switches show "Not Detected" in the app even though they are connected to Wi-Fi. what should I do?

Re: WEMO iOS App - HUGE ISSUE

Hi, rihaankhan,

How many WeMo light switch show as "Not Detected" in the app? What is the behaviour of the Wi-Fi indicator on the light switch? May we know the current firmware of the WeMo light switches? Please try to force close the WeMo app and re-launch it again and see if there are any changes to the status on the app. If that doesn't work, try to uninstall then re-install the WeMo app. See if the status still shows the same.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

I’ve been having issues with my WEMOs and iOS devices ever since we got them. I have 6 switches and 4 plugs. On both my Android phones it works with out a hitch. On the iOS phones it will not recognize the devices and wants me to set up new. I reset a few to default and set them up on the iPhone and all went well until it tries to reconnect in the APP and then it once again wants to set up new devices. I have tried everything on the iOS platform and it is a no go. I called into support a week ago and the agent accidently hung up on me when transferring me to level 2.

Another issue is updating the firmware on these devices. It took days to update all but one as the update would say successful, but the firmware was still the old firmware. Finally, those updated but I have one that I cannot get to update.

My home network is as follows:

Router > Cisco switch > Cisco WLC > two Cisco 1702i access points.

Also when I go to remote access on my Android phone it shows my iOS devices as connected devices however when opening the APP on the iOS device it will not show the devices as it wants to set up new.

Someone must have a solution.

@eostrike,

Does the router and the Cisco access points have the same SSID? Are the Wemo devices connected to the routers 2.4GHz SSID or the access point? Please make sure that your iOS device is connected to the same network with your Wemo devices.

Please send your reply via email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the following details and the link to this community thread for reference, and we'll endorse your case to our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis.

• Wemo app version
  • Android and iOS version
  • Model number of the Wemo device with the old firmware

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks for the response Jan. I am not using a wireless router. I have a Netgate router running pFsense software and I am using two dual band Cisco access points both bands utilizing the “SAME” SSID. The WEMO would have to connect on 2.4GHz since they are not made for 5GHz. All our phones connect on 5GHz since they are newer. This should not be an issue since they are on the same physical network. The Android devices work with no issues and they are connected to 5GHz. None of the iOS devices will see the WEMO switches and plugs when opening the app. It just wants to set up new devices when I have already done this.

For test purposes before placing my original comment here I disabled the 5GHz completely on my network and the iOS devices still did not work and the Android devices were fully operational.

I know from reading hundreds of comments on line that this product or maybe even the app is buggy. All the apps were upgraded from 1.21 to 1.22 when the app update was released a few days ago and still no go on the iOS devices.

I also know that performing firmware updates are a hit or miss as “many” have this issue.

The one Wemo Mini Smart Plug (F7C063) that keeps failing firmware updates is running FW version WeMo_WW_2.00.10971.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2 whereas all the other ones are finally running WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2. Every Wemo device I have (10 in all) have had major difficulties updating the firmware. All but this one has updated. This particular WeMo will say hooray updated but it is not. Later in the day it will say there is an update and we start this game all over. Although updating the firmware is an issue, I am more concerned with none if my iOS devices being able to use these Wemo products. The apple devices are running the latest iOS released by apple. The Androids are also running the latest version however they are not an issue.

[ Edited ]

Hi eostrike. You seem to have done most of the recommended workarounds. Allow our Product Engineers to assist you with this setback further. Just shoot us an email at WEMOcares@belkin.com along with these information:

• Full Name
  • Email Address
  • Phone Number
  • Complete Address (Location/State)
  • Community Username and a link to this post

Additional Information:

• Wemo app version
  • Android and iOS version
  • Model number of the Wemo device with the old firmware

We look forward on hearing from you the soonest.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support